[nnasnet] NNAS Monitoring of Bluebird Trail at HQ/KCGC 7/14/2014

  • From: Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNASHotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:19:35 -0400

KCGC is the King Carter Golf Course, located south of Kilmarnock just off
Irvington Road.  HQ is Hills Quarter, the community associated with the
golf course.  NNAS is the Northern Neck Audubon Society.

One case of unknown predation this week.  Three babies disappeared;
probably a snake.  We have guards in place, but sometimes the predators
find a way to bypass all our protection.  Goal of 200 fledges is still
possible, but it is going to be close.  Here are the details:

Eggs: 6.
Young: 42 in 11 boxes.
Fledged: 24 from 6 boxes.
Other: 4 Tree Swallow eggs.
Chickadees fledged for the season: 10.
Tree swallows fledged: 4.
Bluebirds fledged: 159, with 48 in the pipeline.

--
Tom Teeples
132 Lancaster Dr. #105