[nnasnet] NNAS Monitoring of Bluebird Trail at HQ/KCGC 6/23/2014

  • From: Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNASHotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:34:09 -0400

KCGC is the King Carter Golf Course, located south of Kilmarnock just off
Irvington Road.  HQ is Hills Quarter, the community associated with the
golf course.  NNAS is the Northern Neck Audubon Society.

The team was really excited today at the increased activity on the trail.
 The BBs are really getting serious about producing 2nd broods.  We have 15
boxes with eggs; several of those have just one egg and will add more this
week.  There are 2 or 3 boxes that can be candidates for a third brood.
 Dare we talk about a possibility of fledging 200 this year?  More on that
later.

Here is the summary:
1 complete nest with no eggs.
Eggs:  44 in 15 boxes.
Young: 34 in 9 boxes.
Fledged: 4 this week.
Chickadees fledged for the season: 10.
Tree Swallows fledged: 4.
Bluebirds fledged: 113.
With 113 fledged, 78 in the pipeline, so far, and the possibility of some
3rd broods.........Well, we can come close to the 200 total fledged.  Stay
tuned.........Tom
--
Tom Teeples
132 Lancaster Dr. #105