[nnasnet] Hearing on Fones Cliffs tomorrow at 7:00

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 16:10:50 -0400

Emily Francis, Advocacy Manager for the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, called Nancy
Garvey and asked that as many people as possible attend the hearing tomorrow
evening. Richmond County residents will have the most influence.
I would also be good to sign up that you wish to speak at the hearing....it can
be as simple as
"I am ____________ and I oppose this development"

See below for additional information.
If you cannot attend, please send an email to the board member.
Thanks,
Maggie

Once again it is imperative that we try to attend the Richmond Board of
Supervisors meeting this Thursday, Oct 8, at 7:00 pm in Warsaw at the County
Office Building, 101 Court Circle.
I also urge you to click on the Chesapeake Bay Foundation website below...watch
the video, read about Fones Cliffs, and sign the petition on that site.

Also, please write the Board of Supervisors ASAP via snail mail or email and
let them know your feelings about this massive planned development in one of
the most historic and pristine portions of the Rappahannock river. This
development could ruin forever what National Geographic has called a "Treasured
Landscape of the Chesapeake Bay".

F. Lee Sanders, Chairman lsanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Richmond County Board of Supervisors
PO Box 1000
Warsaw, VA 22572

and to the same mailing address

Richard E. Thomas, Vice Chairman rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jean C. Harper
jharper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John L. Haynes
jhaynes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Robert B. Pemberton
rpemberton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attend the October 8th Richmond County Meeting to oppose the re-zoning (find
out more on the Chesapeake Bay Foundation website:
http://www.cbf.org/savefonescliffs).
Following is a quote taken directly from the Richmond County Government website
to support our case: Richmond County - "It's a place where the morning coffee
comes with a view of eagles and osprey and where tonight's seafood special is
whatever takes your bait. It's a place where history lives in the bricks and
mortar and where traditions are more important than trends. It's a place where
rush hour is a hay baler crossing the highway, where passing motorists smile
and wave, a place where you're always welcome. It's Richmond County. For the
weekend or forever."
Remember, when it comes to land protection - local government is where it's at!

I have seen Fones Cliffs from the water and from the land....and it is
absolutely gorgeous and unique...and both times there were eagles soaring
above! It is so important that we try to save this portion of the Rappahannock
River from inappropriate development.
Maggie Gerdts
Urbanna, VA