[nnasnet] Fw: Some nice birds on the Potomac River yesterday afternoon

  • From: "Vic Stover" <smok5y@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nnasnet" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:43:40 -0500

ENJOY THIS REPORT!!!
----- Original Message -----
From: Maryalyce and Lance
To: Reta Stover
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 3:50 PM
Subject: Some nice birds on the Potomac River yesterday afternoon

Hi Reta,
Lance and I took a bird-walk at Vir-Mar Beach yesterday afternoon, around
3:30 PM or so, and were delighted with what we found on the Potomac River. I
thought it would be nice to share with our Audubon Club so if you would be so
kind as to forward this for me I would be grateful.
We come here a lot and this was the first of the following species this
season:
Long-tailed Ducks, Bufflehead, Red-throated Loon, Surf Scoter, and Horned
Grebe. Previously seen Double-breasted Cormorant, (in the river), Song
Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Red-bellied
Woodpecker, and Kildeer out in the fields.
At home, we saw Bald Eagle, Great Blue Heron, Black Vulture, Turkey
Vulture, American Crow, Northern Cardinal, Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Chickadee
and a Hawk on our piling that was hard to distinguish. We needed Frank ! It
was a delightful afternoon of birding and seeing the ducks coming in was
especially nice. I just thought I would let the Club know.
Take care for now.
Happy birding,
Maryalyce &
Lance