[nnasnet] Fw: Last Audubon Club walk of the season - 6/11/12

  • From: "Vic Stover" <smok5y@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nnasnet" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:59:59 -0400

Enjoy Mary's report!!! Reta
----- Original Message -----
From: Maryalyce and Lance
To: Reta Stover
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:12 PM
Subject: Last Audubon Club walk of the season - 6/11/12

Hi Reta,
     We had seventeen members and guests at our last walk of the season on
Mon., June 11th, led by Frank Schaff.   We started off at 8:15 am at Beaverdam
Park in Gloucester.  It was hot and partly cloudy and a bit humid.  We were
able to compile 20 species as follows:
     Osprey, Great Blue Heron, Tree Swallow, American Crow, Northern
Mockingbird, Northern Cardinal, Canada Goose, Tufted Titmouse, Common Grackle,
Eastern Wood Peewee - (great views in Frank and Lance’s scopes – very long
looks of this adorable bird), Blue Jay, Red-eyed Vireo, Belted Kingfisher,
Summer Tanager, Carolina Wren, American Redstart, Carolina Chickadee,
White-eyed Vireo, Acadian Flycatcher, and a Mallard.  (#21 was a mixed up duck
??species, with a cool top knot of feathers on it’s head.)
     We also saw a Red-slider Turtle.  There were about 4 or more Canada Goose
goslings that were neat to see.
     Six of us were able to go to lunch at Olivia’s in Gloucester Courthouse.
The special Seafood Crepe was delicious as usual.  It has shrimp, scallops and
crab meat in it with a cheese sauce.
     Well, that’s it for another wonderful season of birdwalks!  A big thanks
goes out to Frank Schaff for leading us and another thanks goes out to Maggie
Gerdts for sending in the newspaper notices of the birdwalks.

       Happy birding,

       Maryalyce J. Johnsen