[nnasnet] Fw: Audubon Club Birdwalk of Mondayl, March 11, 2013

  • From: "Vic Stover" <smok5y@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nnasnet" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:01:54 -0400

Please enjoy Maryalyc's Report!!! Reta
----- Original Message -----
From: Maryalyce and Lance
To: Reta Stover
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:57 PM
Subject: Audubon Club Birdwalk of Mondayl, March 11, 2013

Hi Reta,
     The Audubon Club of the Northern Neck held a monthly birdwalk on Monday,
March 11, 2013.  The walk was purposely started at 1 PM so that in viewing the
waterfowl at Hewlett Point and Dameron Marsh, the sun would not be in our eyes.
 We had in impressive turnout of 27 members and friends!  We had nice weather
with the temperature up in the mid-fifties and wound up with 32 bird species as
follows:
     Common Loon, Bufflehead, Great Black-backed Gull, Red-throated Loon,
Northern Gannet, Double-crested Cormorant, Sanderling, Green-winged Teal,
Red-breasted Merganser, Great Blue Heron, Eastern Bluebird, Brown-headed
Nuthatch, Brown Thrasher, Yellow-rumped Warbler, American Crow, Black Vulture,
Bald Eagle, Wilson’s Snipe, Red-tailed Hawk, Greater Yellowlegs, Dunlin,
Killdeer, Lesser Yellowlegs, Canada Goose, Northern Flicker, Horned Grebe,
BONAPARTE’S GULL, Forster’s Tern, Rock Pigeon, American Robin ,  Red-shouldered
Hawk, and a Turkey Vulture.
     We also enjoyed seeing the following critters:  An  Opossum, a Skunk and
White-tailed Deer.
     Seven members were able to go for dinner at KC’s Crabs and Cues and a good
time was had by all.

Happy Birding,

Maryalyce J. Johnsen
No virus found in this message.