[nnasnet] Free birding education workshop

  • From: "Talcott, Charlene (DCR)" <Charlene.Talcott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VA Master Naturalists Northern Neck Chapter <nnmnemail@xxxxxxxxx>, "nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:02:31 +0000

Belle Isle State Park will hold a Flying WILD workshop on February 28 at the
Visitor Center.  The workshop will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is free.

This workshop is being held exclusively for Master Naturalists and Audubon
members.  All members that participate will receive a copy of the Flying WILD
book full of ways to teach about bird biology, conservation and history through
events held at a festival.  The activities would be suitable for many other
types of educational activities at schools, farmers' markets, and other events.

All I ask in return is that anyone taking the workshop participate in a birding
festival at Belle Isle.  We will come up with a date through Doodle before the
workshop.

Here is a link for Flying Wild   www.flyingwild.org<http://www.flyingwild.org>
for more information.  Although the website says it is for middle school
festivals, the training I received to teach the workshop is adaptable to park
use.

If you are interested please send me an e-mail with name and phone number
(information only used for registration).

Charlene Talcott
Chief Ranger-Visitor Experience
Belle Isle State Park
1632 Belle Isle Road
Lancaster, VA 22503
(804) 462-5030

Do small things with great love--Mother Teresa

[I love SP_logo_1]

JPEG image