[nnasnet] Foggy morning

  • From: paula.boundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "NNAS Hotline" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:46:00 -0400

A service of the Northern Neck Audubon Society---
This morning, Wed. 21stMar, around 7:15 I stood outside while dogs were
visiting their bathroom. I heard a downy woodpecker's quick staccato, then the
red-bellied's call (who later visited the backdoor feeder for crushed peanuts).
Off in the distance, across the 18th and 12th fairways, fled a small herd of
deer. This was a beautiful sight as they faded into the fog. It is such a shame
deer have become such nuisances. I heard the sewing machine sound of a chipping
sparrow and the other myriad bird songs I've become accustomed to.    But
what?!   A new sound for around me...turkey gobbling! I heard it enough times
to know I wasn't imagining it, and decided to share with you. Have a great day
on this most wonderful Northern Neck. Paula at Hills Qtr.

"Value the land for the life it harbors" Sarah Stein

You are subscribed to the NNASnet, a birding hotline
sponsored by the Northern Neck of Virginia Audubon Society.
with "leave" in the subject line (please omit quotation marks).
For other questions or comments about the listserver,
send messages to:  nnasnet-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx