[nnasnet] Flickers

  • From: paula.boundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "NNAS Hotline" <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 08:13:43 -0500

A service of the Northern Neck Audubon Society---
I feel blessed as I begin enjoying Thanksgiving Day. I caught a glimpse of a
flicker in the early AM sunlight and immediately lost view of it. After
watching a few minutes and not seeing it take flight, I changed windows, and
there it was in the shadow of the hugh cedartree trunk next to the driveway. It
was flikcing about right at the base of the trunk, perhaps after ants?  Due to
the shadow, color was difficult to make out but as I watched it moved out and
around the trunk and was joined by another!  I believe by the field guide they
are yellow-shafted flickers and my day is made.  Hope you have a great day and
great birding!  Regards, Paula - now at near Tides Inn in Irvington

"Value the land for the life it harbors" Sarah Stein

You are subscribed to the NNASnet, a birding hotline
sponsored by the Northern Neck of Virginia Audubon Society.
with "leave" in the subject line (please omit quotation marks).
For other questions or comments about the listserver,
send messages to:  nnasnet-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx