[nkg_wggeo] Update to NKG WGGEO & WGFHSG meetings in Gävle, 14-16 March 2022

  • From: Holger Steffen <holger.steffen@xxxxx>
  • To: nkg_wggeo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, nkg_wgfhsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 16:55:58 +0100

Dear colleagues,

Sweden opens up tomorrow. The Government decided to lift the entry restrictions to Sweden from the Nordic countries and other EU and EEA countries. The decision will come into effect on 9 February. Meeting rooms are booked, so we will go for a hybrid meeting scheduled 14 March noon - 16 March noon.

We would like to announce that WGGEO will have a special invited presentation on Monday. We are pleased that Dr. Fabio Crameri from Undertone.design in Switzerland has kindly agreed to talk about misuse of colour in science communication. Fabio is the person behind Scientific Colour Maps (https://www.fabiocrameri.ch/colourmaps/). See also his article in Nature Communications: Crameri, F., G.E. Shephard, and P.J. Heron (2020), The misuse of colour in science communication, Nature Communications, 11, 5444. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-19160-7

Cheers and welcome!

Ove & Holger

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022, Holger Steffen wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Thank you for filling the Doodle!

We would like to invite you now to the NKG WG meetings in Gävle, Sweden, from 14 March (Monday) noon to 16 March (Wednesday) noon, subject to that all governments will withdraw most or all restrictions. We will also enable hybrid participation and, of course, still continue planning to have it online only in case another variant is taking over or, or, or.

Working Group Geodynamics and Earth Observation will meet at Lantmäteriet from 14 March noon to 15 March noon.

Working Group Future Height System and Geoid will meet at the University of Gävle (Högskolan i Gävle) from 15 March noon to 16 March noon.

Combined National Reports will be given on Tuesday morning (15 March) in the WGGEO meeting.

The InSAR session will be hosted by WGFHSG on Tuesday afternoon (15 March).

If we have to cancel the in-person meeting (note that short notice is still possible), WGGEO will meet online on 14 March with combined National Reports in the afternoon, while WGFHSG will meet on 15 March with the InSAR session in the morning.

Please fill the following form for registration and presentation title submission by 2 March 2022: https://forms.gle/ecBgpQopkcKv9U1u8

We attach Practical Information for your trip to Gävle. Note that we have not reserved hotel rooms this time.

Please forward this invitation to others with potential interest of participation. Thank you!

Finally, we would like to announce that part of our WG meetings will be dedicated to the future of our WGs. We will have the NKG General Assembly this year which marks the end of a 4-year period and the start of a new one. Also, (quite likely) new bylaws will be accepted by the GA. These new bylaws will be presented and briefly discussed. We would be grateful if you can give us input for projects, activities and collaborations in the next 4 years.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Gävle,

Ove and Holger together with our local HiG organizers Mohammad and Faramarz

Holger Steffen
Lantmäteriet
Geodetisk Infrastruktur
Lantmäterigatan 2c