[nkg_wgfhsg] EGU2022 GIA session

  • From: Holger Steffen <holger.steffen@xxxxx>
  • To: nkg_wggeo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, nkg_wgfhsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 12:35:31 +0100

Dear colleagues,

(with apologies for multiple postings)

EGU22 will be held in hybrid format (at least planned so)!

Meike Bagge, Maryam Yousefi, Jun'ichi Okuno, Holger Steffen and myself invite
you to submit your contribution
to the EGU22 interdisciplinary session G3.3 on “Linking ice sheets, solid Earth
and sea levels – observations,
analysis and modelling of glacial isostatic adjustment (GIA)”, which is co-sponsored by the SCAR sub-committee INSTANT-EIS, Earth – Ice – Sea level, in view of instabilities and thresholds in Antarctica. We will have the solicited
speaker Dr Riccardo Riva, who is likely to present in person in Vienna.

This session invites contributions discussing observations, analyses, and modelling of ice sheet dynamics, solid Earth response, and the resulting global, regional and local sea-level changes and land deformation, including paleo ice sheet/sea-level studies, geodetic measurements of crustal motion and gravitational change, GIA modelling with complex Earth rheology and coupled ice-sheet/Earth modelling, future ice sheets/shelves evolution and sea-level projection. Contributions related to both polar regions and previous glaciated regions are welcomed. We also welcome contributions highlighting the effects of GIA on tectonical processes, petroleum reservoirs and nuclear waste repositories, and the GIA contribution in natural hazard assessments.
Please see https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU22/session/42837 for more information on the session and https://www.egu22.eu on the EGU22 format.

The deadline for abstract submission is 12 January 2021, 13:00 CET.

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna (or online)!

Best,

Meike, Maryam, Jun'ichi, Holger and Tanghua