[nikonf4] Re: which one?

  • From: Mark Stein <mjstein63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:12:55 -0400

FYI, there was no dodging at all done to b...

At 07:04 PM 11/1/2010 -0700, you wrote:
On Nov 1, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Mark Stein wrote:
Photo club contest tomorrow night... theme is "wheels".

Do you like 1579 (horizontal) or 1497 (vertical). Or neither.<DSS_1579.jpg><DSS_1497.jpg>

I like A better, but would want more depth and strength in the blacks. It's too high-key for my taste. I like the color and contrast of B better.

B does have a nice "bike against the world" sort of feel to it, but the dodging halos on the light poles and the bike are a bit too obvious. There's a relatively easy way to avoid that problem in Photoshop.

Eric

"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." -Henri Cartier-Bresson