[nikonf4] Re: Wedding photography

  • From: WiltW@xxxxxxx
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, f4@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 12:36:04 EST

Digital cameras, with the immediate chimping confirmation LCD, have made is
 so much easier for those who know little to get thru a wedding

--wilt

In a message dated 1/4/2011 9:21:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

But I  hate the idea that equipment dictates if you're a pro or not.
Granted the  defendants proved how inedpt they were by not knowing how fast
their lens  was, but the bad photos were the fault of the photographer...
someone who  knew what they were doing could still have produced  decent
results.

Their other stupid move was telling the plaintiff  that the prints were
developed at wal-mart (not to mention meeting them  there).  I doubt the
plaintiff could have told the difference if they  would have taken the time
to package them differently.

What's  scarier is that these people have shot multiple weddings.  I see
posts  in photography forums all the time about people with one camera
body, no  clue how to use it shooting weddings (without a backup body)...
or how they  accidentally left their CF/SD at home (who has just one?).

Makes me  want to rush down to the DMV and offer all new drivers a job as
taxi  drivers.