[nikonf4] TV

  • From: Mark Stein <mjstein63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:04:55 -0500

Not sure if I mentioned, but I've sort of been looking for a 37" - 42" flat screen... on my terms. My terms being it needs to be $400 or less.

Seen one in the past but the picture quality was pretty bad.

I figured my best chance is black friday... so I've been looking at the ads. Walmart will have a 42" emerson, and a 37 inch vizio in that price range ($399, and $378 with $30 gift card)... both LCD, both 60Mhz, both 1080p.

Target will have one, but it's a door buster.

The winner seems to be hhgregg... they have a 42" Curtis plasma for $369... it's only 720p, but I don't plan on getting an HD package anyway. What started as a black friday sale special is now running all week (and a few days last week). I looked at it last night... pictures seems good. The thing that pushed me over the edge for it... they have 2 year interest free financing... only $15 a month. That means I can get the monitor, and/or new computer too without taking too big a financial hit.

Here's the TV... http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=n&ProductID=71830