[nikonf4] Re: It's starting....

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:44:39 -0800

Aren't there already enough IR things going on in the room with all the
remotes? I think they should go Bluetooth or Wifi.

On Nov 30, 2010, at 5:31 PM, wiltw@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I wonder why no one has established an IR transmitter for surround channels,
> with single channel amplifier powered by AC and with an IR receiver for a
> single channel signal for each of the speakers you wish to connect.  I would
> immediately get two channels, for the side speakers to provide 7.1, since I
> already have rear channels connected via wires to the amp.  Lots of people
> would likely buy these things even for basic rear channels.  It's not like
> tons of power needs to be in each amp.
>
> --wilt
>
> In a message dated 11/30/2010 9:52:41 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> josthus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> It looks like none of the documentation says anything about wireless rears.
> How far away will that wireless signal work?
>

> I’m thinking of getting this set for my bedroom TV.
>

> JO

Eric

The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some
kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism
industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men
die like dogs, for no good reason. - Hunter S. Thompson, – Generation of Swine:
Tales of Shame and Degradation in the '80s, page 43.