[nikonf4] Re: Earthlight

  • From: Mark Stein <mjstein63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:20:50 -0400

That's what I was afraid of. I like the features, but I'm not crazy about the size. I wouldn't want a body smaller than the D300. Those newer, smaller bodies, where they chop off the non shutter button side just don't feel good in my hands.

At 05:51 PM 11/5/2010 -0700, you wrote:
On Nov 5, 2010, at 9:08 AM, <mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
How big is it compared to the D300?

It's actually smaller. Close to the D90 in size. But it feels much more substantial having a magensium alloy body in part. I like the dual card slots too. The count it shows is for the card it's on. So when one card runs out, the countdown goes down to zero, but then it automatically switches to the second card (if set to use second card as overflow) and the count jumps back up. You can also have it write the same file to both cards, or RAW in one and JPEG in the other. Whatever you want.

I also have it set to write videos to the second card. Which is handy. So far my only criticism is the mode dial is easy to change accidentally. Just gotta watch what the camera's set to in the viewfinder.

Eric

Now the trumpet summons us again--not as a call to
bear arms, though arms we need--not as a call to
battle, though embattled we are--but a call to bear
the burden of a long twilight struggle year in and
year out 'rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation'
--a struggle against the common enemies of man:
tyranny, poverty, disease and war itself.

- John F. Kennedy