[nikonf4] Computer

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:38:49 -0700

My computer is still acting strange. I've been bumped up to the second level of
engineers at Apple and they're looking over my computer's logs to see what's
causing my problem. The tech I've talked to for several hours now through tests
says that he's seeing some kernel panics related to the graphics card and its
driver. So it might be a bad graphics card. But that doesn't explain why it
does it at home while it does not have a problem when it's at the Apple store.
Should be interesting to see what they come up with. (My big hope is a new
computer!)

So if you don't see me much, it's because I won't have my computer on all the
time, so it won't lock up. Which it does when the screen saver runs for more
than about 20 minutes.

But I will monitor my mail on my iPad and iPhone.

Eric

"Look, I wish I had the luxury of just dealing with a modest recession or just
dealing with health care or just dealing with energy or just dealing with Iraq
or just dealing with Afghanistan. I don't have that luxury, and I don't think
the American people do either." - President Obama