[NewsRog] Re: Proposal for XML Docs

  • From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: newsrog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:30:58 +0100 (CET)

David Rey wrote:

> I for one am interested in this, mostly because I was considering
> to have an online version of the NR docs. Problem is, I don't see
> any way to maintain this kind of documentation using AmigaOS. :(

Well, isn't it an online version already? I thought it would enable us
to produce a printed version.

I have produced this on NetBSD. However, I recently noticed that
libxml2 and libxslt have been ported. IIRC it was for MorphOS. I
already used both of them, but not those ports.

Once the conversion into DocBook is done these two libraries are
basically all you need to produce the HTML version. The print version
requires some extra tools, whose selection isn't easy currently. This
process already imposes a number of problems on platforms like NetBSD,
on AmigaOS there would be even more.

Bye, Chris

Arcor-DSL: die echte Flatrate f=FCr alle Bandbreiten. Jetzt ohne Einrichtun=
gspreis
einsteigen oder wechseln. Arcor-DSL ist in vielen Anschlussgebieten verf=FC=
gbar.
http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/emf-dsl-1