[newsline-beta] Re: comments on newspaper

  • From: "Deborah Kendrick" <dkkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <newsline-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:16:55 -0500

I, too, have read only an edition of the Arizona paper thus far.  The good
news is that I was able, easily, to open the html version in Kurzweil.  The
bad news -- much to my chagrin -- is that about one-third of the whole paper
is obituaries!  More to the point of reviewing in this format, however, it
was frustrating that there was no table of contents, and thus no way to find
out an overview of what was there without simply going page by page by
bloody (oops) page to see what was on each of them.  Thus, I discovered that
about 15 of the total 47 pages was obits, and that otherwise, there seemed
to be o section headings whatever.  Maybe this is a factor of the Arizona
Republic.  Maybe it is the conversion to Bookshare.  Who can tell?  I'll try
a magazine tomorrow (or one that the system is thinking is a magazine).
This is really great fun, by the way.