[newsline-beta] The Site is Live!

  • From: "Peter Scialli" <Peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <newsline-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 12:57:29 -0400

Hi All,
We are ready for you to get started!
Here's some instructions for what we'd like for you to try out:
1.  Log in to Bookshare.org
2.  Visit the periodicals page
3.  Search for, then download at least one newspaper and one magazine.  If
you are
a Braille reader, we encourage you to download both the .BRF and the DAISY
for review.
4.  Unpack the periodicals, then read them in the method of your choosing.
5.  Repeat the search and download of the same format of the same magazine
in the week.
comments and
Please note the following:
The daily update of newspapers is not yet functioning, so although there
will be
'new' content on a daily basis, for a few days it will be the same content
with the
date changed
We hope to add a 'Sunday' or 'Weekend' edition of one of the newspapers to
be able
to test downloading a large file size.  We'll email the list when this is
Thanks in advance!

Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org

A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
peter @benetech.org