[newsline-beta] Opening the Economist with K1K

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: newsline-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:26:21 -0500

Unzipped successfully the Economist BKS file with the Bookshare tool.
Opened K1K.  Attempted to open the related OPF file.  No go:  file type
could not be determined.  Selected the related HTML file instead.  K1K
opened the file without problems and found a document called. . .
'Various Economist'

Never heard of such a creature.  Seriously,  The author field should be
left blank, to avoid the 'various' and the document should contain the
date of the issue as part of the title.

I did not find a table of content in the beginning of the body text, after
the reading of the Bookshare 'riot act'.  Shouldn't there be one?  Web
Braille magazines contain a table of content instead.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at: