[newsline-beta] Re: New Release on the Web Site

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: newsline-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:29:59 -0500

Yes  the collation order of year, month day may look odd,  but it
guarrantees the best sorting order by date,  it ensures that the
sequencing truly follows the publicaion date.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <netentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: newsline-beta-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/17/2004 10:28 AM
Please respond to

[newsline-beta] Re: New Release on the Web Site

Thanks, that is better.  The order of year month day is odd, but perfectly

Am I correct that navigation in daisy files has been worked on?  I could
only navigate to section headings using control-enter on a heading from
within the global navigation treeview when I tested it with the June 7th
Arizona Republic, and USA today.  Now I tried the June 16 New York Times
because I wanted to read some of it anyway, and I found that I could get
all headings whether section or article title.  I couldn't go back and
the first new york Times daisy files I had because i seem to have deleted
I still think it might be nice to use the same method in daisy files as
files to indicate section and article titles with s: and a:, and also to
include the table of contense in the daisy file, because not everyone will
use the daisy files in a daisy reader.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck