Pakistan 'a terrorist state,' says Vajpayee

  • From: "Muslim News" <editor_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:52:23 -0000

NEW DELHI, Oct 25: Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee called
Pakistan "a terrorist state" on Friday and vowed to destroy the demon of
terrorism. Vajpayee's fresh attack came a day after India began pulling
troops back from the border with Pakistan.

"Our neighbour is assuming the role of a terrorist state," Vajpayee told
a rally marking his coalition government's third year in power. "It
makes a show of fighting terrorism around the world. But it does not
hesitate to send fidayeen (suicide squads) into our country across the
border to kill innocent women and children. "We have to destroy this
demon (of terrorism)."

The 77-year-old premier arrived at the end of an almost three-hour rally
at an indoor stadium and spoke sitting in a chair.

"We will fight (terrorism)," Vajpayee told 3,000 supporters of his
20-party coalition. "We may not achieve victory immediately as we want,
but we have to resolve to end it and prepare ourselves mentally."

Vajpayee said the recent election in occupied Kashmir would change the
region.
Source: Reuters