Fahd says Sept. 11 attacks won’t affect agent status to US

  • From: "Muslim News" <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:07:33 -0000

RIYADH — King Fahd said the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States will
not affect the historic ties between Riyadh and Washington.

Eid Al-Adha, King Fahd said: “The regrettable terrorist incidents of
Sept. 11 will in no way affect our historic ties with the friendly
American people, for whom we harbor amity and appreciation.”

Fahd underlined the “close relations between our two countries and
peoples,” noting that they closely cooperated to promote their “shared
interests as well as security and peace in the (Middle East) region.”

In his message, Bush praised the Kingdom’s cooperation in combating
terrorist groups whose aim, he said, was to drive a wedge between the
two allies.

“Allow me to express to you once again my appreciation for the support
your government extended since Sept. 11 within our joint war against
terrorist powers which seek to divide us,” the SPA quoted Bush as saying
in his letter to Fahd. (SPA)

Source:  Arab News