[newphotographers] Re: Your current biggest problem

  • From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: newphotographers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:00:51 -0700

Editing work isn't always the easiest of tasks for me.  Funny how sometimes after I make the initial selections, after a bit of time sometimes those choices changes.  The smaller the collection the tougher it often is for me.  It reminds me of an old joke, that had an element of truth to it my uncle that was a preacher used to tell.

How long does it take you to prepare a sermon?  His immediate reaction was How long of a sermon do you want?  If you said about 30 minutes, he would say about a week.  If you said about an hour, he would say tomorrow.  If you asked him to talk all day, he would say I am ready now when do you want me to start.  I find that the same sort of thing happens to me when sorting out work.  The larger the number of prints, the easier I find it to be.

Do you have to have the collection set before the press release?  Even if not, sounds like the pressure is beginning to mount.  If you have to hand print all the prints in two months you are going to be very busy.