[newphotographers] Welcome

  • From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: newphotographers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:14:14 -0700

Congratulations!!!  Talking about getting into an idea on the ground floor, but you are member number 2.  The list has actually only been in existence for a little over a day.  Its going to be on my website soon, but that hasn't even been done yet.  I am glad you found the list and please be patient as it will take a little time for the membership to grow.  Feel free to introduce yourself, ask questions and chat about the areas of photography that interests you.

As list op, I had two goals when starting this list.  First I wanted to provide a place where new photographers could ask something and not feel intimated or worried about someone thinking they were dumb.  My degree is in education and I spent many years teaching before I became serious about photography.

Goal number 2 is to just guide the discussion if necessary.  Feel free to ask direct questions, but I believe that once the list grows, you will learn much more from those that are at your skill level than me telling you something.  The more you learn, the more you find out there is to learn, but your work will improve along the way.  Isn't that what we all are searching for in one way or another???