[net-gold] [mls-digitaldivide] AAAS Project 2061 is Developing Assessment Items to Support Science Instruction Looking for Middle and High School Teachers

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Net-Gold <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple University Net-Gold Archive <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Gold <net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean Grigsby <myarchives1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Educator Gold <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K12AdminLIFE <K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Net-Platinum <net-platinum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NetGold <netgold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Net-Gold @ Nabble" <ml-node+3172864-337556105@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K-12ADMINLIFE <K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MediaMentor <mediamentor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Digital Divide Diversity MLS <mls-digitaldivide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:53:30 -0500 (EST)

.

Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:05:38 -0500
From: BBracey@xxxxxxx
To: bbracey@xxxxxxx, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, K12AdminLIFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
    mls-digitaldivide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wwwedu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
    mlsalumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sigde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
    mano@xxxxxxxx
Cc: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vsutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
    jlbemley@xxxxxxxxx, bplants@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mls-digitaldivide] AAAS Project 2061  is developing assessment items
    to support science instruction Looking for  Middle and High School teachers

Field Testing of Middle School and High School Science Assessment Items

AAAS Project 2061 is developing assessment items to measure middle and
high school students’ understanding of important science ideas from the
National Science Education Standards and the AAAS Benchmarks for
Science Literacy. We are recruiting middle and high school science
teachers willing to field test our multiple-choice test items with
their students in April, May or June of 2010. As an incentive, each
participating teacher will receive a copy of Volume 2 of the Atlas of
Science Literacy or a $50 gift card from either Borders or Barnes and
Noble Bookstore. The assessment should take no longer than 45 minutes
to complete, and will cover one of a variety of topics in science. It
is not necessary that your students have had formal instruction on any
of the topics being tested.

The guidelines for participation are as follows:

You must be a middle or high school science teacher in the United
States.

Your students must be in 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade.

You must obtain permission to participate from the appropriate school
or district personnel.

You must return all testing materials to AAAS Project 2061. Pre-paid
shipping labels will be provided.

This study is not intended to evaluate teachers or students. Individual
students will not be identifiable, and teacher information will remain
strictly confidential. Our only interest is to learn how students
respond to these test items so that we can design test items that are
valid measures of what middle and high school students know about
important science ideas.

If you are able to participate, please access the link below and
complete the registration form that follows. Participation in this
study is limited, so registrations will be accepted on a first-come,
first-served basis. If necessary, we will also adjust our selections to
achieve representation from urban, rural, and suburban schools from
different parts of the country. Teachers who are selected to
participate will be notified by email.

2010 Project 2061 Field Testing registration:
http://register.p2061.org/field

The deadline for registration is April 2nd, 2010.

If you have any questions, please contact the coordinator of this
assessment study by email at 2061assessment@xxxxxxxx or by phone at
1-202-326-6207.

Please pass this invitation along to anyone you know who may be
interested!

Forwarded by Bonnie Bracey Sutton for AAAS

Bonnie Bracey Sutton
Outreach GLEF.org
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/bbracey
My communities
http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/summitforchildren
http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/gendergap
CyberEd Resources : ICT's and Education (owner)
Games and Education (owner)
Science without Frontiers STEM Initiatives K-12 (owner)
http://www.digitaldivide.net/blog/bbracey
Portal Work
http://edreform.net/
Technology Applications for learning in the portal
applications.edreform.net
Technology Applications for Learning
The Technology Applications for
Learning Network is a catalog of technology
applications for learning.
http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/STEM

.