[net-gold] CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE : POLICE BRUTALITY : COUNTRIES: UNITED STATES, AUSTRALIA: Family of Woman Killed by Minneapolis Police 'Desperate' for Information

  • From: "David P. Dillard" <jwne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Net-Gold Groups.IO -- Educator-Gold" <Educator-Gold@xxxxxxxxx>, HEALTH-RECREATION-SPORTS-TOURISM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, K12ADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nabble Groups Net-Gold <ml-node+s3172864n3172864h56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sean Grigsby OR Keith @ Groups.IO" <Myarchives@xxxxxxxxx>, NetGoldBlog <netgoldblog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Net-Gold on IO Groups list <Net-Gold@xxxxxxxxx>, net-gold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Temple Gold Discussion Group <TEMPLE-GOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 06:49:02 -0400 (EDT)

.

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE :

POLICE BRUTALITY :

COUNTRIES: UNITED STATES, AUSTRALIA:

Family of Woman Killed by Minneapolis Police 'Desperate' for Information

.

.

Family of Woman Killed by Minneapolis Police 'Desperate' for Information

By Carma Hassan, Holly Yan and Emanuella Grinberg

CNN

Updated 4:01 AM ET, Tue July 18, 2017

Bride-to-be killed by cop after calling 911

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/us/ minneapolis-woman-killed-by-police/index.html

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/y8qv643h

.

.

(CNN)

The family of a woman who was shot to death by Minneapolis police is making a desperate plea for information about the last moments of her life.

.

Justine Ruszczyk called 911 on Saturday night to report a possible sexual assault in an alley near her home, her fianc Don Damond, said in a news conference Monday.

.

Two police officers responded and one of them killed Ruszczyk. She died of a gunshot wound to the abdomen, an autopsy revealed.

.

Otherwise, police still haven't explained how, or why the shooting occurred, Damond said.

.

"Sadly, her family and I have been provided with almost no additional information from law enforcement regarding what happened after police arrived," a tearful Damond said as he struggled for composure.

.

"We've lost the dearest of people and we are desperate for information. Piecing together Justine's last moments before the homicide would be a small comfort as we grieve this tragedy."

.

snip

.

Ruszczyk was originally from Australia, and her death has made headlines in both her native country and her adopted home in Minneapolis.

.

Well-wishers contributed to a makeshift memorial in the alley near her home. Among stuffed animals and messages drawn in chalk a handwritten sign asked "Why did you shoot and kill our neighbor and friend?"

.

The two officers who responded to the scene are on administrative leave, Minneapolis Police spokesman Scott Seroka said.

.

snip

.

The officers were wearing body cameras, but they were not turned on during the incident, the mayor said. Per department policy, body cameras are supposed to be turned on prior to use of force "as soon as it is safe to do so" or during "any contact involving criminal activity."

.

"As mayor of our city, a wife, and a grandmother, I am heartsick and deeply disturbed by what occurred last night," Hodges said Sunday. "There are still many questions about what took place, and while the investigation is still in its early stages, I am asking the BCA to release as much information, as quickly as they are able to."

.

Minneapolis Police Chief JaneHarteau echoed the mayor's concerns. She said the department has requested an expedited external, independent investigation to ensure transparency.

.

In failing to turn on their body cameras, the American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota accused the officers of thwarting "the public's right to know" what happened to Ruszczyk.

.

'Our hearts are broken'

.

Ruszczyk had resided in the United States since April 2014, a source who knew her said. She was living with her fiance at the time of her death, and they were planning to marry in August.

.

"It is difficult to fathom how to go forward without her in my life," Damond said Monday. "Our hearts are broken and we are utterly devastated by the loss of Justine."

.

snip

.

"The death of Justine is a loss to everyone who knew her. She touched so many people with her loving and generous heart," Damond said Monday. "Our lives are forever changed as a result of knowing her. She was so kind, and so darn funny. She made us all laugh with her great wit and her humor."

.

'She was a healer'

.

According to her website, Ruszczyk trained as a veterinarian and later became a yoga instructor and life coach. She worked at the Lake Harriet Spiritual Community in Minneapolis.

.

Nancy Coune, an administrator with the Lake Harriet Spiritual Community, described Ruszczyk as a "gifted speaker" who imparted a message "of love and peace and non-violence."

.

"Justine was dedicated to helping others make transformations in their lives, through teaching and coaching.

.

.

The complete article may be read at the URL above.

.

.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@xxxxxxxxxx
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

Temple University and Google Sites Research Guides
AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

FAKE NEWS
https://sites.google.com/site/fakenewsresearchguide/

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
https://sites.google.com/site/howtowriteasuperresearchpaper/

EMPLOYMENT
https://sites.google.com/site/employmentsources/

INTERNSHIPS
http://tinyurl.com/2f9x2wp

TOURISM RESEARCH GUIDE
http://tinyurl.com/ycko9hqj

DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
https://sites.google.com/site/disabilitiesemploymentresearch/

Educator-Gold

K12ADMINLIFE

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/DigitalScholarship/threads
https://digitalscholarshipandscholarlypublication.wordpress.com/

Copyright Research Guide
Copyright, Intellectual Property and Plagiarism Sources
https://sites.google.com/site/copyrightlawsites/

Fair Use
http://guides.temple.edu/fair-use

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

Information Literacy (Russell Conwell Guide)
http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
Wellness and Tourism: Mind, Body, Spirit,
Place, New York: Cognizant Communication Books.
Wellness Tourism: Bibliographic and Webliographic Essay
David P. Dillard
http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

Rail Transportation

INDOOR GARDENING
Improve Your Chances for Indoor Gardening Success

SPORT-MED

HEALTH DIET FITNESS RECREATION SPORTS TOURISM

.

.

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
in search results for Net-Gold and related lists.
The Net-Gold relationship with JIGLU has
been terminated by JIGLU and these are dead links.
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

.

.