IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Folder Size 02. Screensnag 03. Free Editor 04. Tweaking.Com - Registry Backup 05. Tomahawk 06. Freeviewer 07. Framecaster01. FOLDER SIZE analyzes hard drives and displays sizes of files and folders and percentage of total disk they occupy. Its report identifies largest folders and files and details with a fast scan. Download free at http://www.mindgems.com/products/Folder-Size/Folder-Size.html .
02. SCREENSNAG is yet another screen capture program and this one adds a timer option to perform captures at predefined intervals. Download free at http://www.wolfcoders.com/screensnag/index.php .
03. FREE EDITOR opens and edits most document formats and offers spell check and print capabilities. Download free at http://www.freeeditor.com/ .
04. TWEAKING.COM - REGISTRY BACKUP provides one-click backup and restore of the Registry, automatic cleanup of older backups, scheduling options, detailed logs, restore from Safe Mode, and more. Download free at http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/registry_backup.html .
* * * * *Some readers liked the touch of class in last month's NNT when I quoted Browning's "let me count the ways" as to why you should seriously consider subscribing to the Premium edition if you're not amongst our elite. You'll surely remember the "ways":
* Each issue of NNT Premium has at least 12 free software programs that aren't mentioned in the free edition (there's never a repetition);
* Unlike this annoying message, there are no ads in NNT Premium to sift through in getting to the good stuff;
* What you are reading here is plain text; NNT Premium is rich in graphics and that's often necessary to more clearly illustrate a particular technical tip;
* Speaking of technical tips, NNT Premium has 2-minute Tekkie Tips to help your computer function faster and neater, tips that are easy for even the novice to work through, and tips that are ever mindful of our slogan "No Screwdriver Needed";
* Mini-Reviews of popular software programs "tell it like it is" so you'll be forewarned about the good, the bad, and the ugly programs before you shell out hard cash;
* "Spotted On The Web" takes you to an especially neat, entertaining, and thought-provoking site on the Web;
* Op-ed comments discuss timely topics in the realm of technology;* Every issue has a full-length feature article on a computer or Internet topic; and,
* Should you misplace an issue in your subscription, our archive service will replace it.
There are probably many more reasons to subscribe to NNT Premium as well as this Standard issue, one of which is that you will help to support this free edition and other NNT services. You can start your subscription right now for just $12 a year (24 issues) at the NNT Store, http://www.neatnettricks.com/store . And if it's not everything we said (and then some), feel free to cancel for a full refund, no questions asked.
* * * * *05. TOMAHAWK. Create stations based on song, artist, genre, etc.; navigate to songs and albums; browse and play the hottest songs; check out songs most listened to by your friends; and, install plug-ins for additional features. Download free at http://www.tomahawk-player.org/ .
06. FREEVIEWER formats, edits, and converts files and supports Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, and Open Office documents. Download free at http://www.freeviewer.com/ .
07. FRAMECASTER optimizes your videos and maintains original resolution to HD 1080p, organizes your video library, provides editing tools, plays videos locally and online without needing a browser, and provides a means for upload to online communities such as YouTube and Facebook. Download free at http://www.framecaster.com/ .
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2012, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619.
Neat Net Tricks makes no endorsement or warranty, express or implied, with regard to featured products or services. Results may vary based on operating systems and other variables beyond our control. View back issues at http://www.freelists.org/archive/neatnettricks/ .There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .
Subscribe to Neat Net Tricks Premium at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store and enjoy many more graphics-rich and ad-free tips, features, and full-length articles for your Web surfing and computing pleasure! ===============