IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Image Comparator 02. Spotflux 03. Free Image OCR 04. Free Screenshot Capture 05. Clickgaga 06. Win+R Alias Manager 07. Seatguru01. IMAGE COMPARATOR finds duplicate image files in your system by examining each one pixel by pixel. Thus, images with different formats and file sizes will still be detected. Download free at http://sourceforge.net/projects/imagecomparator/?_test=b .
02. SPOTFLUX promises to route your Internet traffic in an encrypted and secured connection through its cloud, providing malware/virus protection and ad-free browsing. Download free at http://www.spotflux.com/ .
03. FREE IMAGE OCR recognizes text within any scanned document or image, making it fully selectable, searchable, and editable. Download free at http://www.freepdfsoft.com/tour_imagepdfocr.html .
04. FREE SCREENSHOT CAPTURE helps you capture a screen or Webcam and includes a screen protractor, screen ruler, and screen magnifier tools. Download free at http://www.iwesoft.com/product/29/screenshot-capture .
* * * *I am asked at times why anyone would subscribe to NNT Premium when this Standard issue is free. Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote "Let me count the ways" in her famous sonnet, so perhaps it will work here as well:
* Each issue of NNT Premium has at least 12 free software programs that aren't mentioned in the free edition (there's never a repetition);
* There are no ads in NNT Premium to sift through in getting to the good stuff;
* What you are reading here is plain text; NNT Premium is rich in graphics and that's often necessary to more clearly illustrate a particular technical tip;
* Speaking of technical tips, NNT Premium has 2-minute Tekkie Tips to help your computer function faster and neater, tips that are easy for even the novice to work through, and tips that are ever mindful of our slogan "No Screwdriver Needed";
* Mini-Reviews of popular software programs "tell it like it is" so you'll be forewarned about the good, the bad, and the ugly programs before you shell out hard cash;
* "Spotted On The Web" takes you to an especially neat, entertaining, and thought-provoking site on the Web;
* Op-ed comments discuss timely topics in the realm of the Web and computers;
* Every issue has a full-length feature article on a computer or Internet topic; and,
* Should you misplace an issue in your subscription, our archive service will replace it.
There are probably many more reasons to subscribe to NNT Premium as well as this Standard issue, but you get the idea. You can start your subscription right now for just $12 a year (24 issues) at the NNT Store, http://www.neatnettricks.com/store . And if it's not everything we said (and then some), feel free to cancel for a full refund, no questions asked.
* * * * *05. CLICKGAGA. Although the name could be improved, this application makes it easy to listen to Internet radio stations and grab tunes, saving them to MP3 format in very good quality. If you miss a song, you can return to that point in the track and use a trimming tool to edit or trim recordings. You can schedule recordings. The only downsides are a bare-bones interface and ads in your face, something we've all become rather accustomed to. Download free at http://www.clickgaga.com/ .
06. WIN+R ALIAS MANAGER lets you easily create aliases for any application. It supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 and is a free download at http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.76 .
07. SEATGURU at http://www.seatguru.com is a Web site worth visiting before your next plane trip. It tells you what size and type the seats are, whether there are power outlets and WIFI, gives you airline phone numbers, baggage charges, policies about minors, infants, pets, and more.
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2012, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619.
Neat Net Tricks makes no endorsement or warranty, express or implied, with regard to featured products or services. Results may vary based on operating systems and other variables beyond our control. View back issues at http://www.freelists.org/archive/neatnettricks/ .There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .
Subscribe to Neat Net Tricks Premium at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store and enjoy many more graphics-rich and ad-free tips, features, and full-length articles for your Web surfing and computing pleasure! ===============