Errata: The Neat Net Tricks Standard issue sent on April 3, 2012, was incorrectly numbered as Issue 284 and should have been numbered Issue 285. This issue is correctly identified as Issue 286. Sorry for the confusion.
IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Wintext 02. WTY-Qlaunch 03. Kingsoft PC Doctor 04. Logins Saver 05. Fixbee 06. Sound Volume Hotkeys 07. PDF Creator 08. Winmerge 09. Windows Service Monitor01. WINTEXT extracts all readable text from any file and does it faster, on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7, Download free at http://www.moosoft.com/free-programs/wintext .
02. WTY-QLAUNCH enables you to organize your programs and documents on a sort of mini desktop called placemats. These placemats can be opened using either the status bar icon, hotkey or top icon. Download free at http://www.wtysoft.com/qlaunch2.htm .
03. KINGSOFT PC DOCTOR offers to reduce bootup time, remove traces and enhance privacy, clean junk, and improve performance. Download free at http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/ .
04. LOGINS SAVER is a password manager in which you can add, edit, or delete logins with multiple users, backup logins for any user, protect your computer when it is idle, search, and more. Download free at http://www.logivis-studios.com/downloads/logivis/loginssaver.html.
* * * * * The latest issue of NNT Premium has all this:A free service to upload, convert, view, sign, and compare documents with others; an online service that converts PDF files to Microsoft Word with just a click; an add-on to get even more from that great music service, Pandora; a test of your reflexes; a personal organizer to save and use just about anything; a comprehensive grammar and spell checker; a toolbar that lets you access more than 2,000 live TV stations; an application that secures your system by restoring it to its previous state with each reboot; a system resource monitor that does about everything except the coffee; a program that checks for updated drivers and installs them on your system within five minutes; another that detects and removes rootkits; and still another that takes full-page Web site snapshots and saves them to image files or copies and edits them; mini-reviews, tekkie tips, and our guest columnist's feature that likens Microsoft to an "evil landlord."
If you didn't get it, you're missing out! Subscribe now at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store .
* * * * *05. FIXBEE provides disk defragmentation, repair, and removal of junk files. Download free at http://fixbee.com/ .
06. SOUND VOLUME HOTKEYS allows control of sound volume with hotkeys. Customizable on-screen sound volume indicator shows the current level. Download free at http://www.softarium.com/soundvolumehotkeys/ .
07. PDF CREATOR, a free download at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/, creates PDFs, allows encryption and digital signatures, merges documents, sends email, and more. Just a caution: observe installation closely to prevent installing unwanted software.
08. WINMERGE compares folders and files and presents the differences in a visual text for ease of handling. Download free at http://winmerge.org/ .
09. WINDOWS SERVICE MONITOR resides in your systems tray, displays status of services and allows you to start or stop services easily. Download free at http://wsmonitor.codeplex.com/ .
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2012, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619.
Neat Net Tricks makes no endorsement or warranty, express or implied, with regard to featured products or services. Results may vary based on operating systems and other variables beyond our control. View back issues at http://www.freelists.org/archive/neatnettricks/ .There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .
Subscribe to Neat Net Tricks Premium at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store and enjoy many more graphics-rich and ad-free tips, features, and full-length articles for your Web surfing and computing pleasure! ===============