IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Clock Screen Saver 02. Word Dynamo Challenge 03. Visualizing A Day On The Internet 04. The Pale Blue Dot 05. Holdkey 06. STDU Viewer 07. Feel The Wheel 08. Free Registry Doctor 09. Click.To01. CLOCK SCREEN SAVER combines a screen saver with clock to provide your time in analog, digital, or text display with other customizable features. Download free at http://www.clock-screen-saver.com/ or purchase the pro version for more features.
02. WORD DYNAMO CHALLENGE at http://dynamo.dictionary.com/ lets you test and "turbo-charge" your vocabulary.
03. VISUALIZING A DAY ON THE INTERNET at http://www.techi.com/2012/03/visualizing-a-day-on-the-internet/ gives you a picture of what really happens on the Internet in just 24 hours.
04. THE PALE BLUE DOT at http://www.flixxy.com/pale-blue-dot.htm is a series of photographs of the Earth taken from Voyager 1 as it was leaving the Solar System. The message is as good - or better- than the imagery.
* * * * *Next week's NNT Premium Issue 259 contains all this: Save URLs and other info about sites you visit with just a click of the button; clip content of visited sites, organize these snips, and share them in real time; see what is under windows by making them translucent; open,create, and print any PDF file, even view it in 3D; defrag files without having to defrag the entire drive; try a spooky site that lets you spy on your neighbors; retouch images with simple and advanced adjustments with a wide range of filters; monitor current speeds and view traffic statistics; develop disposable email addresses to guard against spam; play and discover new podcasts, Internet radio, and music; store information with industrial-strength encryption; have a service read content to you on your computer and Android/IOS devices; and, much more, to include mini-reviews, intriguing Web sites, and our feature that asks "Is Google Search destroying our memory?" and wonders what the heck is going on in school these days.
Is that worth 50 cents? Premium subscribers seem to think so, and the rest of you ain't seen nothing yet! For just $12 you get that issue and 23 more over the next year. Your subscription helps pay for this free edition and all the other free Neat Net Tricks services. Read about them at http://www.neatnettricks.com and give your support by subscribing to Neat Net Tricks Premium at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store . Fifty cents an issue isn't much but if you don't like what you see, you'll get a full refund - anytime - no questions asked.
And, you know, we've never been asked for a refund. Now, ask yourself, why is that?
* * * * *05. HOLDKEY simplifies the typing of characters with an accent and other symbols. Download the free version at http://www.holdkey.eu/ and there is a paid version if you need more features.
06. STDU VIEWER works with multiple file formats, supports multiple languages, not only views images but exports them or parts of them, including text layered documents, creates bookmarks, and more. Download free at http://www.stdutility.com/stduviewer.html .
07. FEEL THE WHEEL, simply enough, lets you resize Windows and control their transparency with the mouse wheel. It's available as a portable application, just 6 KB, or an even smaller file in a ZIP archive, just 4 KB. Download free at http://www.nattyware.com/feewhee.php .
08. FREE REGISTRY DOCTOR scans and fixes errors in your Registry. Download free at http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Misc__Utilities/Registry_Doctor_Download.html or pay for the Pro version which provides more options.
09. CLICK.TO offers to turn everything on your computer into a hyperlink so you can select and copy a text and with one click access the file or open the application. Download free at http://www.clicktoapp.com/ .
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2012, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619.
Neat Net Tricks makes no endorsement or warranty, express or implied, with regard to featured products or services. Results may vary based on operating systems and other variables beyond our control. View back issues at http://www.freelists.org/archive/neatnettricks/ .There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .
Subscribe to Neat Net Tricks Premium at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store and enjoy many more graphics-rich and ad-free tips, features, and full-length articles for your Web surfing and computing pleasure! ===============