IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Qwickup 02. Splash Lite 03. Synctoy 04. Tineye 05. XI Note 06. Tincta 07. Trap.it 08. Odin 09. Translator Bookmarklet01. QWICKUP. Several sources are available for one quick lookup of the word you're puzzling over at http://www.qwickup.com/ .
02. SPLASH LITE promises to play your high definition camcorder clips and movies fast, smooth, and without problems or additional codecs. Download the free version at http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html or the Pro version for more functionality.
03. SYNCTOY. Storing, retrieving, moving, copying, and synchronizing files required of our computers and numerous devices is made easier with SyncToy, a Microsoft PowerToy. It is highly configurable, can manage multiple sets of folders. combine files from two folders, mimic renames, keeps track of renames and makes sure that changes are carried over to the synchronized folder, and more. Download free at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15155 .
* * * * *If you like these free tips but aren't receiving NNT Premium, you ain't seen nothing yet! The latest issue features all this and more: Organize your bookmarks on 10 popular browsers with this bookmark manager; try yet another incremental bakcup utility; sort your files with an automated file sorter; safely clean off a hard drive before you retire it; repair Outlook profiles and contact links; read PDF files with a reader that has a friendly interface and a flipping book effect; quickly find files, folders, and text on your hard drive without indexing and lost resources; find out if the site you're visiting is safe, healthy, green, and socially responsible; use an application that provides more than 20 tools to display and diagnose PC problems and improve security and performance; remove sensitive information from your photos; try an alternative antivirus program with low resources drain; backup, share, and access your files stored in a free 10 GB account in the clouds; scan and repair corrupted files; get a free report on suspected malware; and the full-length article about the only feature we'd like to see in our computers.
A full year subscription (24 issues) is just $12 at the NNT Store, http://www.neatnettricks.com/store or if you're not convinced, ask for a free sample issue.
* * * * *04. TINEYE at http://www.tineye.com/is a reverse image search engine. It finds out where an image came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or if there is a higher resolution version. If you want TinEye added to the context menu of image files, you can download a Windows Explorer extension at http://at-my-window.blogspot.com/2010/11/tineye-client.html .
05. XI NOTE at http://xinote.com lets you "takle notes on a cloud" and you can write, sketch, collect, and share all in real time for free.
06. TINCTA. If you're looking for a better text editor than what comes with Windows, you might check out Tincta with its sizable array of features. It's a free download at http://mr-fridge.de/software/tincta/index.php or additional features are available in the Pro version.
07. TRAP.IT at http://trap.it/ learns yoursurfing tastes with artificial intelligence and delivers on-topic content based on your interests, keywords, and user behavior.
08. ODIN backs up hard drive volumes or a complete hard drive, creating a disk image that can be easily restgored in the event of hard drive failure, viruses, or malware. Download free at http://odin-win.sourceforge.net/ .
09. TRANSLATOR BOOKMARKLET at http://labs.microsofttranslator.com/bookmarklet/ places a bookmarklet in your browser and, when you encounter a site with foreign language, it will detect the original language and translate it to the language of your choice.
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2011, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619.
Neat Net Tricks makes no endorsement or warranty, express or implied, with regard to featured products or services. Results may vary based on operating systems and other variables beyond our control. View back issues at http://www.freelists.org/archive/neatnettricks/ .There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .
Subscribe to Neat Net Tricks Premium at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store and enjoy many more graphics-rich and ad-free tips, features, and full-length articles for your Web surfing and computing pleasure! ===============