IN THIS ISSUE: 01. CiteULike 02. COnversion Tool 03. Rapportive 04. Cartoonize.Net 05. GNag 06. Subtitle Edit 07. Defraggler 08. WinKey Finder 09. Lichess * * * * * Season's Greetings!NNT Standard will be taking a holiday break through Christmas and New Year. The next issue will be published in late January. NNT Premium will be published on schedule without interruption. If you're subscribed only to this free issue you are currently reading and you experience withdrawal pains from our absence, may I suggest a subscription to the Premium edition for just $12 a year, 24 full-packed issues, at http://www.NeatNetTricks.com/store ? And, if you really need lots of Neat Net Tricks to fill your holiday stockings, the Archives provides more than 5,000 of them postpaid on CD for as little as $14, also at http://www.NeatNetTricks.com/store . Otherwise, we'll see you in a few weeks after a much-needed break.
* * * * *01. CITEULIKE at http://www.citeulike.org/ provides a free service for managing and discovering scholarly references. The last time I looked, its database was offering nearly five million articles, a wealth of information.
02. CONVERSION TOOL. A handy device at http://convert.francepropertyshop.com/ converts length, temperature, and weight measurements.
03. RAPPORTIVE shows you everything about your Gmail contacts right inside your inbox. Download free at http://rapportive.com/ .
04. CARTOONIZE.NET. I'm not sure what the practical application is of this, but download a photo from disk or URL and convert it to a cartoon at http://www.converttocartoon.com/ .
* * * * *There's still time to treat yourself to a Christmas present by saving nearly $12 or more on Revo Uninstaller Pro, unsurpassed for cleaning ALL the gunk from your hard drive when you uninstall software. Neat Net Tricks readers get a special deal and you can read about it in the latest special report at http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs065/1101458487892/archive/1103909083327.html .
* * * * *05. GNAG eliminates splash screens, forced intro movies, advertisements, non-browser based pop-ups and nag screens from installable applications. Download free at http://gnag.sourceforge.net/ .
06. SUBTITLE EDIT. Create, sync, and edit subtitles for your videos in 8 languages. Download free at http://www.nikse.dk/se/ .
07. DEFRAGGLER. Experts disagree on the issue of defragging hard drives. Some say its a waste of time and just adds wear to one's hard drive while others say its a needed maintenance exercise to optimize hard drive performance. Whichever side of the fence you may be on, you might want to check out Defraggler, a free download at http://www.piriform.com/defraggler . Better than the Windows built-in tool, it's light on your system and lets you defrag just what you want and not the entire drive. You can schedule the defrag when you want and Defraggler supports 37 languages.
08. WINKEY FINDER retrieves your windows XP, Win 2000, Win ME, 98, 2003 and .NET product keys from the Registry and displays it for you. Download free at http://www.winkeyfinder.com/ .
09. LICHESS at http://lichess.org/ lets you play chess online with an invited friend, a random human opponent, or with the machine using artifical intelligence. If you'd rather sit back and watch others play, you can do that as well, in real time. There's also an active forum to talk about the game and specifically about Lichess.
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2010, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .