IN THIS ISSUE: 01. How Secure Is My Password? 02. Promptu 03. Repair IE 04. Word Games 05. Greenshot 06. Remind-Me-Please 07. Lockbox 08. Ultimate History Quiz 09. I Write Like01. HOW SECURE IS MY PASSWORD? Enter your favorite password and this site at http://howsecureismypassword.net/? tells you how long it would track to crack it.
02. PROMPTU lets you create custom commands with a simple drag-and-drop. Commands can then be accessed with a hotkey combination. Download free at http://www.promptulauncher.com/ .
03. REPAIR IE. Still using Internet Explorer? This program, a free download at http://repairie.com/ , provides more than 60 ways to clean, repair, and optimize IE.
04. WORD GAMES at http://www.wordgames.com/ features new stuff every Thursday and you can organize them into the type you like best, after you choose the level of difficulty.
* * * * *Drivers can make you crazy unless you take the easy way out. If your computer is acting strangely or doesn't seem to talk with your printer or other devices, rest assured you aren't alone. Even if you just bought a new computer, it's only a matter of time before you'll feel like pulling your hair out. To read more about drivers and what you can do about them, be sure to check out the latest NNT report online at http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs065/1101458487892/archive/1103609555727.html .
* * * * *05. GREENSHOT is a screenshot utility that lets you capture complete or partial screenshots, annotate or edit them, and send them to a file, clipboard, printer, or email attachment. Download free at http://getgreenshot.org/ .
06. REMIND-ME-PLEASE gives warnings of upcoming events, appointments, special occasions, and so on. Set it for one event or recurring events and it warns you by splash screen and optional sound as the event approaches. Download free at http://www.spacejock.com/RMP3.html .
07. MY LOCKBOX sets up a password-accessible folder for your sensitive documents. It supports all later Windows operating systems, protects folders even in Windows safe mode, and is free at http://www.fspro.net/my-lockbox/ . The purchased Pro edition expands the protection to multiple folders.
08. ULTIMATE HISTORY QUIZ at http://quiz.history.com/game is History Channel's offering to test your trivia knowledge with timed questions. Perhaps for some it's a time waster, but it sure beats shooting at space junk.
09. I WRITE LIKE at http://iwl.me/ describes itself as a statistical analysis tool. Just insert a sample of your writing and this site will tell you what famous writer you write like.
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2010, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .