IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Lingoes 02. Speedtile 03. Sitehoover 04. KeepNote 05. Error Goblin 06. Audigiggle 07. DocTranslator 08. Do It Again 09. URL Void01. LINGOES translates selected text and pronounces words in over 80 languages. It provides lookup dictionaries, full text translation, and capture word on screen. With only 4 mb and a promise of no malware, free download is at http://www.lingoes.net/ .
02. SPEEDTILE. Much like Opera's Speed Dial, Speedtile at http://www.speedtile.net/ organizes and displays your favorite Web sites for ease of access, allows sharing them with your friends, and keeps them up to date with daily snapshots.
03. SITEHOOVER at http://www.sitehoover.com/en/ lets you store all your favorite Web sites and make them available anywhere on any computer. A themes editor personalizes the site, called a "hoover" and a built-in RSS reader keeps you informed and up-to-date.
04. KEEPNOTE works on Windows, Linus, and Mac OSX to keep all your documents in rich-text formatting with full-text search. Download free at http://rasm.ods.org/keepnote/ .
* * * *Those of you who have followed many of the nearly 500 issues of Neat Net Tricks in 14 years have seen volumes regarding the evils of spam and different techniques to deal with that scourge. Last March, for example, I wrote a detailed report about an excellent tool to deal with spam, Mailwasher Pro, and some of the neat features it has in protecting our email boxes. If you missed that report, you can see it online at http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs065/1101458487892/archive/1103137047434.html .
To bring you up to date, not a lot has changed with the new Mailwasher Pro. It still stops spam by letting you preview email and remove the nasties before they even get to your computer. It still works with ALL email programs, detects spam, phishing attempts, and other threats with the one single application, has a great set of filters to direct email where you want it, and interfaces with a global spam database using real-time signatures. You can still try it free for 30 days, and enjoy full-time support 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, along with free and frequent updates. But something significant HAS changed with Mailwasher Pro. Last March, the price was $39.95 and I enticed your purchase with a free year of Neat Net Tricks Premium.
Now, the price has been dropped to $29.95 and, to sweeten the deal, I'll still throw in a year's worth of Neat Net Tricks Premium, either a new subscription to anyone you specify, or 24 issues tacked on to your current subscription; but only if you use the special link to purchase Mailwasher Pro at http://fta.firetrust.com/index.cgi?id=jteems and email me jteemsATneatnettricks.com (replace AT in the email address with @) and include the proof of purchase as received from the Firetrust gang. This offer's only good until August 31, but the Mailwasher guarantee is good for 90 days).
* * * *05. ERROR GOBLIN. If you're puzzled by all that mysterious code defining errors (and who isn't?) just enter it at http://www.errorgoblin.com/index.php for an explanation.
06. AUDIGIGGLE at http://www.audiggle.com/ captures a short snippet of a song and identifies it by comparing it to its database.
07. DOCTRANSLATOR is a free service at http://www.onlinedoctranslator.com/ . It preserves the layout of your translated original document, has no file limits, requires no installation or registration, and is private and secure.
08. DO IT AGAIN is a program to simply create macros to automatically perform a repetitious task for you. Download free at http://www.spacetornado.com/DoItAgain/ .
09. URL VOID. If you're concerned about a Web site you're about to visit, just enter its URL at http://www.urlvoid.com/ and you'll know in a few seconds whether you should steer clear of it.
*/ /* ===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2010, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .