IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Block Posters 02. LibraryThing 03. Public Profiler/WorldNames 04. WeTransfer 05. Your Face In 20 Years 06. Saf.Li 07. Wet Floor Maker 08. Wanted Poster 09. Talking Photo 10. Online Makeover01. BLOCK POSTERS at http://www.blockposters.com/ lets you upload an image and choose how many sheets wide you'd like the poster, then download the PDF file and print your images massively blown up for a huge poster for your wall.
02. LIBRARYTHING at http://www.librarything.com claims a community of one million book lovers, all sharing their favorites online after creating a profile. Your first 200 books can be catalogued at no charge, and visitors can offer their comments in each title, or suggest similar titles. Discussion boards abound and the service is compatible with all platforms.
03. PUBLIC PROFILER/WORLDNAMES at http://www.publicprofiler.org/worldnames/Default.aspx is a great tool for the geneologist. Search surnames by name, area, and ethnicity and drill down in each country to show where the surname is most frequent, displayed with color coding. Roots of the surname and most common forenames are also provided.
04. WETRANSFER. Large files attached to email are a no-no. A better solution is WeTransfer, currently in beta at https://www.wetransfer.com/, where you can send files up to 2GB in size, free, and without registration. The files will be kept on their server for two weeks to allow your recipients to retrieve them.
==========================While you're enjoying this FREE newsletter twice monthly, you may not be aware of some other features of Neat Net Tricks:
* A FREE forum at http://www.topfreeforum.com/neatnettricks/index.php?mforum=neatnettricks with currently more than 7,500 articles posted by 857 users. These cover just about every PC/Internet technical question and answer you might have; and, if you don't find it there, you're invited to ask your questions or give advice!
* A FREE blog at http://www.neatnettricks.com/blog/ where newsworthy or just plain weird goings-on are mentioned and you're invited to share your comments.
* A FREE detailed review twice monthly at http://www.neatnettricks.com/SoftwareReviews as our Software Panel tells it like it is about a program you might be thinking of installing.
Now, the following NNT products aren't free but are nearly so:* NNT Archives on CD, currently nearly 5,000 items from 14 years of publication that, if printed, would consume almost 500 pages of text in 10-point font. The CD includes major word processing and ebook formats and other special features, and the low price ($14, US) covers the material and postage to your door. Get yours at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store .
* And, the flagship offering, Neat Net Tricks Premium, making all this possible: a graphics-rich, no ads, twice-monthly publication with at least 12 items not included in this Standard (free) edition, handy technical advice, mini-reviews, contests, full features, and more, for just $12 a year (24 issues). Subscribe risk-free with a guarantee of satisfaction or refund at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store.
=============================05. YOUR FACE IN 20 YEARS or 30 years if you wish. Upload a frontal photo at http://in20years.com/ and see what you'll look like then. Ah, what's a few more wrinkles?
06. SAF.LI. Enter a URL at http://www.saf.li/ and Saf.li checks the site for malware If it's clean, you'll be given a shorter URL you can share with everyone on your favorite social site.
07. WET FLOOR MAKER. Add cool reflecting images to your photos at http://www.wetfloormaker.com/ .
08. WANTED POSTER. Add your own image and text at http://www.tuxpi.com/photo-effects/wanted-poster to get a wanted poster or some four dozen other effects.
09. TALKING PHOTO. At http://www.pqdvd.com/flashediter/edit.php first choose the actor you want (or load your own image), edit it for effect, add the script you want the character to say or sing, and in no time you'll wonder if you don't have better ways to spend your time.
10. ONLINE MAKEOVER at http://www.taaz.com/ let's you change your hairstyle, ladies, and apply makeup as well, for that new look.
*/ /* ===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2010, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to " Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .