IN THIS ISSUE: 01. PhotoFilmStrip 02. Clippy 03. ClipX 04. Converber 05. Cache My Work 06. When Is Good 07. SharePod 08. Goodnight Timer 09. Monitor Off Utility Quick, answer these questions: * Have you ever forgotten a password?* Are you just a little bit tired of filling out all those Web forms to register or order merchandise on the Web?
* Do you think that maybe -- just maybe -- your passwords are not strong enough and can be hacked?
If you answered "YES" to any of the above, you owe it to yourself to read the latest NNT report, "Passwords Are A Necessary Pain". And use a password manager. That report shows you how you can be a santa to your system and get the best one at the lowest price anywhere.
It's all here: http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs065/1101458487892/archive/1102793162408.html .
01. PHOTOFILMSTRIP creates movies out of your pictures in just 3 steps. First select your photos, customize the motion path and render the video. You can render a slide show in full HD resolution and add subtitles and background music. Download free at http://www.photofilmstrip.org/home.html .
02. CLIPPY, a free download at http://wots.coolfreepage.com/link.php?id=SW3 , removes an irritant we all have in email with all those little ">" characters indicating replied and forwarded text. Clippy removes them with a single click and also realigns text, strips HTML tags, converts the case of letters, removes line breaks, counts the number of lines and words, searches and replaces text, and more.
03. CLIPX keeps and restores your old clipboard contents rather than having to rely on only the latest entry you've made into your clipboard. Download free at http://bluemars.org/clipx/ .
04. CONVERBER. That's not a typo, but an application that makes easy conversions between 1324 units of measures in 38 categories. It's loaded with features and is a free download at http://www.xyntec.com/converber.htm .
05. CACHE MY WORK lets you reboot without losing your place in your work. It builds a list of currently open applications and will restart those when you reboot your computer. Download free at http://cachemywork.codeplex.com/ .
06. WHEN IS GOOD. I remember in my working life one of the biggest headaches was coordinating meetings at a time that was convenient for everything., This little service at http://whenisgood.net/ might accomplish that. Check the grid for the times that are good for you, get a link to email to your invitees, the click when they are free, and everyone can see what times are best. No signup form or password is required.
07. SHAREPOD. Add/remove music, videos, playlists, and artwork from your iPod, backup tracks and import them automatically into your iTunes library, and share by running the program straight from your iPod itself. Download free at http://www.getsharepod.com/ .
08. GOODNIGHT TIMER reduces your computer's sound volume over a specified period of time and then shuts it down. Download free at http://www.immortalsoftware.com/goodnight.html .
09. MONITOR OFF UTILITY. Now you can tell your monitor to immediately go into energy saving mode with the click of a button. Monitor Off Utility allows you to take control of your monitors built-in energy saving features. You can setup your own custom keyboard shortcuts or setup a shortcut on your desktop or system tray. The utility supports multiple monitors and is very flexible. It even allows you to use a command line interface if you want to incorporate the utility into your own scripts. Download free at http://www.dekisoft.com/mou.php .
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2009, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to "Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .