IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Drawtoy vs. Byokal 02. Eject USB 03. SmarterFox 04. AlternativeTo 05. Foto Bounce 06. Big Diamond 2 07. Equanimity 08. Horizon33 09. Recipe Puppy 10. Cost-of-Living WizardCould you recite all your passwords by memory or do you forget some at times (don't we all?) How strong are your passwords -- could a hacker retrieve your personal and financial information? The latest NNT report discusses this in "Passports Are A Necessary Pain." If you haven't received a copy, you can view it online at http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs065/1101458487892/archive/1102793162408.html .
01. DRAWTOY VS. BYOKAL. A major timewaster: at http://www.zefrank.com/dtoy_vs_byokal/ , draw in one box to develop your very own kaleidoscope in the circle to the right. Now, if there's ever a market for kaleidoscopes, you'll be prepared.
02. EJECT USB. Simply removing your thumb drive after use may leave unwanted traces in your computer. Eject USB, a free download at http://www.pocketappreview.com/main/item/ejectusb , flushes the file cache, closes Explorer windows, and removes Registry entries and Recent Document shortcuts referencing the specified drive or folder.
03. SMARTERFOX is a free Firefox add-on http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/sharedaccess/default.mspx to speed up downloading, searching, visiting favorites, copy and paste, etc. By selecting and highlighting text, a popup bubble appears with search suggestions and shortcuts.
04. ALTERNATIVETO at http://www.alternativeto.net/ makes suggestions on alternatives to thousands of software programs for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
SHARE THE FUN. If you find some of these tips useful, don't keep them a secret. Forward this email to friends and remind them that they can have their very own subscription free, twice a month, by simply going to http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe
05. FOTO BOUNCE has built-in face recognition to allow better organization and sharing of your photos. Download free at http://fotobounce.com/index.php .
06. BIG DIAMOND 2 is reminiscent of the old pinball games and a neat time waster at http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/big-diamond-2/ .
07. EQUANIMITY, another time waster at http://www.physicsgames.net/swf/equanimity.swf , requires you to drop three blocks and other shapes to achieve "harmony". Not as easy as it looks at first glance.
08. HORIZON33 is a screen capture program that allows screenshots from any part of your screen, saving them automatically if you wish and in BMP or JPG format. Download at http://horizon33.weebly.com/ .
09. RECIPE PUPPY. Enter the ingredients you have on hand at http://recipepuppy.com/ and this service provides you a recipe using those ingredients.
10. COST-OF LIVING-WIZARD. If you're considering moving to another city, this calculator at http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/layoutscripts/coll_start.asp will reflect living-cost indexes and salary differentials to help you make an informed comparison. Learn how your disposable income will be affected by a relocation between any combination of 300-plus U.S. cities. The Cost-of-Living Wizard also reports the salary adjustment needed to maintain your standard of living, and what salary increase or decrease is likely given local market factors.
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2009, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to "Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .