IN THIS ISSUE: 01. CPU Speed 02. Loogix.Com 03. Panda Cloud Antivirus 04. Gridy 05. XP Quick Fix 06. Printee For IE 07. Lockhunter 08. Java 09. Eufony Free Audio PlayerIn the latest issue of NNT Premium, all these free programs are yours for the taking: Fine-tune your operating system and browser and manage available free memory; protect your photos from piracy; watch movies and TV shows in high definition on your computer; work directly on your images without downloading or needing PhotoShop; record, edit, and export desktop screen activities, mouse movement, and speech; instantly preview photos or open them in an external application; access your iTunes collection from anywhere outside your home environment; detect and display Registry changes whenever a new program installs malware or makes undesired changes; easily access Windows system information and utilities along with 250 other functions; do interior design and place furniture on a 2D plan with a 3D preview; play music in any format; do anything on a virtual drive that you can do on a hard drive; send huge files for free; bypass your login screen; and more, along with our guest columnist's take on whether recent computer enhancements have been little more than hype. Sound interesting? Subscribe at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store .
01. CPU SPEED. Test the accurate true speed of your Intel or AMD central processing unit (CPU) with this free download at http://www.wizard-soft.com/cpuspeed/index.htm .
02. LOOGIX.COM at http://www.loogix.com/ lets you create GIF animations online, applying "blur" "guggle" "motley" and other effects for a unique animated avatar.
03. PANDA CLOUD ANTIVIRUS protects your computer without the typical resource use because it works "in the clouds." The free download of 19MB is at http://www.cloudantivirus.com/ . Beware, though that in the installation process you will be required to uninstall (not just inactivate) your existing antivirus program. This is typical of other AV programs because simply inactivating your existing AV program still leads to incompatability problems; so, proceed at your own risk.
04. GRIDY adds an invisible grid to Windows, so that any window you move or resize is snapped to it.Snapping is enabled with mouse drag or keyboard arrow keys. In addition, you can make any window semi-transparent, hide the window's Alt-Tab icon and set any window to be Always on Top. Download at http://sector-seven.net/software/gridy .
* * * * *There's lots more to Neat Net Tricks then just this issue you're reading. Check out:
* The NNT Blog at http://www.neatnettricks.com/blog/ where you'll find snippets about computers, the Internet, and technology; and your responses are always welcome.
* The NNT Forum at http://www.topfreeforum.com/forum/?mforum=neatnettricks where you can get your perplexing problems resolved lickety split.
* The NNT Web site at http://www.neatnettricks.com for lots of information about helpful programs.
* Software reviews at http://www.neatnettricks.com/SoftwareReviews where our Panelists take on the best and worst of software and tell it like it is. This site is unique because it may be the only one where the software developers are asked to respond to the reviewers' comments.
* The NNT Archives where you can find well over 4,000 tips on CD, every item published in 14 years of Neat Net Tricks. Order yours for as little as $14 at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store .
* And, finally, our starship publication, Neat Net Tricks Premium. It's been published twice monthly for more than eight years. Subscribe at http://www.neatnettricks.com/store .
* * * * *05. XP QUICK FIX offers with 25 common Windows XP problems fixes from a small portable application. It includes a utility to fix five common problems directly from the command line. There is no installation required and the small free download is at http://leelusoft.blogspot.com/2009/07/xp-quick-fix-10.html .
06. PRINTEE FOR IE lets you save ink and paper by selecting just what portion of Web sites should be printed. Download free at http://www.irido.com/ ,
07. LOCKHUNTER. Sometimes it is impossible to delete a file because, for whatever reason, it is "locked". LockHunter, a free tool at http://lockhunter.com/index.htm shows what is locking a file or folder and allows you to kill that locking process and delete, copy, or rename the file. It integrates into the Explorer menu and deletes files into the recycle bin where they can be restored, just in case you deleted them by mistake.
08. JAVA. A lot of programs depend on your computer having the latest Java software installed. You can determine if you're up-to-date and download the latest version for free at http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp .
09. EUFONY FREE AUDIO PLAYER lets you play over 40 audio/video formats on Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7. Download the free version at http://www.softe.net/free-audio-player.php .
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2009, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to "Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .