Side note: On July 24, I underwent a six-hour surgery, an aortic valve transplant and double bypass and I'm now well on the road to recovery. Life is good. Thanks to all of you who expressed prayers and best wishes -- Jack Teems
IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Tray Everything 02. Magical Glass 03. Rohos Mini Drive 04. Electronic Piano 2.5 05. USB Autorunner 06. IdleBackup 07. AutoVer 08. Keep-It 09. TinyPic01. TRAY EVERYTHING allows you to minimize any window to the tray, completely hide a window without an icon, protect it with a password, group icons of the same application in one single icon, and more. It's freeware at http://www.winapizone.net/software/trayeverything/ .
02. MAGICAL GLASS. Very useful for our friends with visual impairment, Magical Glass works with Windows 2000, XP, 2003, and Vista. It creates a screen magnifier that moves with the cursor or replaces the cursor. Free at http://freestone-group.com/magg.htm .
03. ROHOS MINI DRIVE provides enhanced security with your USB flash drive since it creates a hidden and encrypted partition. Freeware at http://www.rohos.com/products/rohos-mini-drive/ .
04. ELECTRONIC PIANO 2.5 allows the user to play 128 musical notes, 12 types of chords, and 47 drum sounds using the computer keyboard. Chords can be played simulating the six strings of a guitar and the sound of seven different musical instruments can be combined. Freeware at http://www.pianoeletronico.com.br/index-en.html .
* * * * *Not subscribed to NNT Premium? Want to see what you're missing? Email me at jteemsATneatnettricks.com (replace "AT" with "@") for a free pass to view the current issue on line without obligation.
* * * * *05. USB AUTORUNNER lets you have applications or documents autorun when you insert your USB device. When you insert your USB device into a computer, your chosen application or file will automatically open. Examples of these applications are Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files; Contacts; To Do Lists; applications; videos; music files; playlists; and, others. Freeware for Win95/98/Me/NT/Win2K/XP/Vista at http://camtech2000.net/Pages/USB_AutoRunner.htm .
06. IDLEBACKUP can make a backup to hard disk, USB drive or network, compressed to a ZIP file. It features easy restore for data recovery by browsing and selecting one or more files. Download free at http://idlebackup.nl/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 .
07. AUTOVER can be used as a simple real time backup or as a more complex, but transparent version control system (like a realtime incremental backup). Every time you save a file it is copied to your backup folder or drive and files can be included or excluded. You can synchronize your work or home documents to flash memory or save every change you make to your source code or image files. Download free at http://beanland.net.au/AutoVer/ .
08. KEEP-IT is like a real-world archive; it allows you to keep everything without cluttering up your system or consuming valuable disk space.Put your work in a Keep-It archive, and you can 'freeze' (snapshot) a copy whenever you like. The frozen revisions of your work are stored in the archive forever; they can't be changed, but they can be browsed and restored. Download free at http://www.keep-it.com/default.asp .
* * * *If you've missed past issues of Neat Net Tricks Standard, you can view them online in the archive at http://www.freelists.org/archive/neatnettricks .
* * * *09. TINYPIC says it's so simple even your grandma will be pleased. Just drag your pictures to the program and it will save a resized version that is suitable for mailing, automatically selecting the best compromise between quality and size. Download a free version at http://www.efpage.de/eTinypic.html .
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2009, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to "Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .