On a personal note, I am scheduled in a few days for heart surgery. It is quite possible that, for the first time in the nearly 14-year history of Neat Net Tricks' publication, one or more future issues may be delayed. I hope you'll understand this interruption and will toss in a thought or prayer, especially for the cardiac thoracic surgeon. If he does a good job, another NNT will be in your email box soon.
Regards, Jack IN THIS ISSUE: 01. Sourcetone Interactive Radio 02. DownTester 03. The Web Acronym Test 04. Hoax-Slayer 05. Copy Paste Tool 06. Just One Club Card 07. CodySafe 08. Sound Jay 09. Earth Album 10. Earth Calendar 11. Watermark.WS 12. Moovida01. SOURCETONE INTERACTIVE RADIO. How's your mood? Are you ecstatic, aggressive, melancholy, or calm? Find the right music to match your mood at http://www.sourcetone.com/user/home .
02. DOWNTESTER tests your Internet download speed in multiple locations around the world. It works with Windows
98, Me,2000,XP,2003,2008,Vista,and Windows 7. It can be used as a portable application without installation. You can add the URL you wish to check and easily analyze results. More information and a free download is at http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/download_speed_tester.html .
03. THE WEB ACRONYM TEST. The Web is full of acronyms. Test your ability to understand them - or not - at http://www.elanman.co.uk/php_examples/web-acronyms-test/ .
04. HOAX-SLAYER at http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ says it's been debunking email hoaxes and Internet scams since 2003. It's had plenty to do!
05. COPY PASTE TOOL, free at http://www.copypastetool.com/ , lets you paste more text at once. You use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V as usual to copy and paste, but to paste previous text in the clipboard simple press V again and don't release Ctrl.
06. JUST ONE CLUB CARD. If you're like me, you have a pocket full of club cards. The free service at http://www.justoneclubcard.com lets you enter each card's barcode number and then it consolidates all these (up to 8) into one convenient card.
07. CODYSAFE is a Beta application at http://www.codyssey.com/products/codysafe.html that will carry and manage your computer programs and files on a USB stick so you can launch them on any PC without leaving a footprint behind.
08. SOUND JAY. If your computer is entirely too quiet, choose from an array of free sounds at http://www.soundjay.com/index.html .
09. EARTH ALBUM at http://www.earthalbum.com/ is a "simpler, slicker" Flickr mash-up that allows you to explore some of the most stunning photos in the world courtesy of Google maps and Flickr.
10. EARTH CALENDAR at http://www.earthcalendar.net/index.php is a convenient collection by day of all holidays and celebrations around the world. It explains that a "holiday" is any day that recognizes a cultural event, not necessarily a day when businesses are closed.
11. WATERMARK.WS at http://www.watermark.ws/ provides a free serviceto watermark your photos and thus protect them from piracy. No download or installation is necessary, and there is a pro version for more features, but the free version performs well.
12. MOOVIDA at http://www.moovida.com/ is a free open source media player for Windows and Linux. Watch movies and TV shows in HD and most file formats supported, manage your photos in an animated slideshow, build your music library and find more selections, connect with the Internet to share media, etc.
===============Neat Net Tricks is copyrighted, 2009, all rights reserved. You may quote or forward copies of this email with credit to "Neat Net Tricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com ". Neat Net Tricks is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress, ISSN: 1553-4619. There is no cost to subscribe. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://www.neatnettricks.com/subscribe .