[neact] NEACT SUMMER CONFERENCE - Aug 9-12

  • From: Jerusha Vogel <jj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: neact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 21:57:16 -0500

Mark Your Calendars:

NEACT Summer Conference
"Tools for Teaching Chemistry"  Aug 9-12, 2010
Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA.

This year's summer conference is already shaping up to be a great
opportunity for teachers with presenters on board to show how you can use
software, the internet, demonstrations, etc to enhance your teaching.
However, we are still in the early planning stages and NEED your help.  For
the past several years, NEACT has been run by a handful of people, many of
whom are now retired and moved out of the area.  In order to make this
conference successful, we need you.   You can help in small and large ways.
Please look over the list below and let me know how you would be interesting
in helping.  (Email me directly at jj@xxxxxxxx )

Program - help us find dynamic speakers and workshop presenters

                  Registration - help us with the various tasks to help
participants

                  Hospitality for Speakers - help make our speakers feel at
home

                                    Introduce them at sessions

Publicity - help publicize the conference

Socials - help with our evening social events

Tours - find interesting places for participants to visit during the

conference

Plus, if you are interested in being on an advisory committee to look at
options for offering college credit as part of this conference, please let
me know as well.

If you have any suggestions of topics or speakers who would fit with this
theme, please let us know and of course:  please COME, bring a friend, and
let others in your school or district know about this great conference.

Sincerely,

Jerusha Vogel
NEACT President