[USS Vanguard] wail of a banshee

  • From: "Kieran Darkwater" <kdarkwater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 19:42:08 +0000

Kieran waited, wondering which way this would go. Experience would lead to a
feint... rash, impetuous youth to a full out assault. He guessed.

The grappling run came full pelt, and he made to pivot aside, drawing the
attack in. Fluid, drifting, his hands dipped low, beneath her wrists, easing
them up into the air, arcing her back slightly as her momentum carried her
beneath them, and then her feet left the floor completely as he eased the
effort back toward the floor behind her, suddenly stopping.

The motion ceased as dramatically as it had begun, and the only noise was
She'ra's heels thumping back into the floor, her head and shoulders
suspended an inch from impact by Kieran's firm grip on her wrists.

"The more energy you supply, the more can be used against you." he noted,
easing her back to her feet, and seeing the abiding anger growing in her
eyes. "I'm going to quit now, whilst I'm still ahead..." he added, with a
raised eyebrow, and backed away slightly.

Lieutenant Kieran Darkwater
Archaeology and Anthropology Officer
Science Department