[USS Vanguard]

  • From: jonathonbremmer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:57:39 +0000

Post: Ancestors

Lt. Cmdr Jaav E'thexx
Ship's Counselor
USS Vanguar=

After - Andy's Post

Although not on duty, Jaav had begun to make =
his way towards sickbay
soon after the first jolt to see if there was an=
ything he could do to
help.  As he entered the doors to sickbay he nodde=
d at an engineering
crewman who sat on the end of a biobed.  The ensign =
looked a little
worse-for-wear, but aside from a small cut on his forehe=
ad he looked
fine.  Jaav walked towards Xristha, she was stood next to o=
ne of the
nursing team showing her how to recalibrate a dermaplaser.  Sh=
e then
started to manipulate the arm of the patient to the left of her, =
didn't notice Jaav until he was stood right next to her.

"You loo=
k like you've got everything in hand here, I guess you don't
need any he=
lp from me."  Jaav said,

"We've got it covered, I think there are a co=
uple more crewmembers
making there way from engineering, they were in a =
jefferies tube when
we hit the mines,"

"Ouch," was all Jaav said winc=
ing a little.

"There is something you could do for me though,"

"Of =
course," Jaav answered.

"The Captain was supposed to be resting in sic=
kbay for a few days, I'd
like you to try and use your persuasive techniq=
ue to get him back

Jaav grinned,

"I'll try,"

Jaav made h=
is way to the exit and headed for the turbolift, taking the
long way aro=
und.  Moments later he was on deck one and stepped out of
the turbolift =
onto the bridge.

"I wonder what she's doing all the way out he=
re," Santos mused.

"No clue, sir. At least, not from these records."

"Only one way to find out. Zena, please assemble an away team. Use the=

hazard suits."

Santos, having heard the doors hiss open turne=
d towards them once he'd
finished giving orders.  Zena walked past Jaav =
and smiled at him as
she entered the turbolift and made her way to the t=
ransporter room.

"Ah Counselor, what's our medical status?"  Santos as=

"Nothing more than a few bumps and bruises sir, but there is one=

patient Dr. Droin is quite concerned about."  Jaav replied

"Oh really=
," Santos said, slightly concerned and not quite getting the joke.

e informs me a member of the command team discharged himself from sickbay=

Santos chuckled a little and rubbed his chin.

"And I suppose she=
 sent you hear to convince me to go back?"

"Something like that sir, b=
ut I needed the walk," Jaav sounded
slightly dismissive, but ony because=
 he had one eye on the viewscreen.

"Is that what I think it is?"  Jaav=
 asked to no-one in particular,

"If you think it's a Saladin class, de=
relict starfleet vessel then
yes," Highwaij answered wittily.

"How lo=
ng has it been out here like that?" Jaav asked, peering at the
n and moving closer to it.

"We're not entirely sure, but the archives =
suggest approximately a
century," This time it was Santos who answered,=

"Are there any life-signs aboard?"  Jaav asked, his curiosity personal=

rather than professional.

"We detect no life-signs, although there's=
 no way to be completely
sure the readings are accurate, the sensor pall=
etes are still charged
with a little residual EM radiation from when we =
exited the conduit."
This time it was the science-officer who was standi=
ng in for Zena who

"My grandfather was stationed on a Saladin =
class vessel, I can't
remember it's name, his ship dissappeared whilst i=
t was on tour
shortly after my father was born,"

"He was in Starfleet=
?" Santos asked, out of polite curiosity,

"No, he was a rather unscrup=
ulous trader,"  Jaav replied, scrutinising
the view on the screen, and w=
ondering if this could be 'that' ship.