[USS Vanguard] Re: Zena's Angels have landed

  • From: "Steve Hedger" <kdarkwater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:10:17 +0000

Ensign Kieran Darkwater
Angel One
After 'Zena's Angels have landed'

Kieran stood, as seemed sensible in the circumstances, behind the ladies and
slightly to one side, not hiding but putting himself in a prominent
position, either.

Despite having been prepared for the attitude, there was a slight
undercurrent at the back of his mind when the leader of the greeting party,
Katriua, bit off the word 'Male' as though it were distasteful, and
undercurrent that urged him to go slap her. He fought it off, suppressing
both it and the strange smile at the same time as he eased himself forward
as they started to follow.

"This really isn't a good sign, Lieutenant." he pointed out, quietly. "The
residents here pride themselves, to a degree, on hospitality; to be so
overtly hostile does not bode well."

As they walked, however, ever the scientist, Kieran took the opportunity to
use his tricorder to record images of the dress of the party and some of the
local architecture.

"Well, I could do with something to eat." Kieran observed, after their host
left. "I'm not sure if the welcome was actually extended to me or not,
though." He eyed Zena with a shrug. "It's your call, Lieutenant. Do I go, or
do I stay?"