[USS Vanguard] X

  • From: "Jonathon Bremmer" <jonathonbremmer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vanguard" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:46:06 -0000

Lt. Cmdr Jaav E'thexx
Ship's Counselor
USS Vanguard
After - Andy's Post

Although not on duty, Jaav had begun to make his way towards sickbay soon after
the first jolt to see if there was anything he could do to help.  As he entered
the doors to sickbay he nodded at an engineering crewman who sat on the end of
a biobed.  The ensign looked a little worse-for-wear, but aside from a small
cut on his forehead he looked fine.  Jaav walked towards Xristha, she was stood
next to one of the nursing team showing her how to recalibrate a dermaplaser.
She then started to manipulate the arm of the patient to the left of her, she
didn't notice Jaav until he was stood right next to her.

"You look like you've got everything in hand here, I guess you don't need any
help from me."  Jaav said,

"We've got it covered, I think there are a couple more crewmembers making there
way from engineering, they were in a jefferies tube when we hit the mines,"

"Ouch," was all Jaav said wincing a little.

"There is something you could do for me though,"

"Of course," Jaav answered.

"The Captain was supposed to be resting in sickbay for a few days, I'd like you
to try and use your persuasive technique to get him back here,"

Jaav grinned,

"I'll try,"

Jaav made his way to the exit and headed for the turbolift, taking the long way
around.  Moments later he was on deck one and stepped out of the turbolift onto
the bridge.

<snip>
"I wonder what she's doing all the way out here," Santos mused.

"No clue, sir. At least, not from these records."

"Only one way to find out. Zena, please assemble an away team. Use the hazard
suits."
<snip>

Santos, having heard the doors hiss open turned towards them once he'd finished
giving orders.  Zena walked past Jaav and smiled at him as she entered the
turbolift and made her way to the transporter room.

"Ah Counselor, what's our medical status?"  Santos asked,

"Nothing more than a few bumps and bruises sir, but there is one patient Dr.
Droin is quite concerned about."  Jaav replied

"Oh really," Santos said, slightly concerned and not quite getting the joke.

"She informs me a member of the command team discharged himself from sickbay,"

Santos chuckled a little and rubbed his chin.

"And I suppose she sent you hear to convince me to go back?"

"Something like that sir, but I needed the walk," Jaav sounded slightly
dismissive, but ony because he had one eye on the viewscreen.

"Is that what I think it is?"  Jaav asked to no-one in particular,

"If you think it's a Saladin class, derelict starfleet vessel then yes,"
Highwaij answered wittily.

"How long has it been out here like that?" Jaav asked, peering at the
viewscreen and moving closer to it.

"We're not entirely sure, but the archives suggest approximately a century,"
This time it was Santos who answered,

"Are there any life-signs aboard?"  Jaav asked, his curiosity personal rather
than professional.

"We detect no life-signs, although there's no way to be completely sure the
readings are accurate, the sensor palletes are still charged with a little
residual EM radiation from when we exited the conduit."  This time it was the
science-officer who was standing in for Zena who spoke.

"My grandfather was stationed on a Saladin class vessel, I can't remember it's
name, his ship dissappeared whilst it was on tour shortly after my father was
born,"

"He was in Starfleet?" Santos asked, out of polite curiosity,

"No, he was a rather unscrupulous trader,"  Jaav replied, scrutinising the view
on the screen, and wondering if this could be 'that' ship.

END

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: Jonathon Bremmer.vcf

-- Desc: "AVG certification"