[USS Vanguard] Violations

  • From: "Jonathon Bremmer" <jonathon.bremmer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vanguard" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 01:52:23 +0100

Lt. Cmdr Jaav E'thexx
Counselor
USS Vanguard
After: Brought to a boil

Jaav strolled down the corridor.  He was determined not to let Riajj beat him.
Starfleet Medical has always taught that a Counselor should remain clinically
detached when appropriate, not allow their clients or patients to affect there
own lives to an extreme degree, but this was hard.  There was something
inexplicable about Riajj that un-nerved the Vanguard's Senior Psychologist, and
he could not explain it.  Santos had 'requested' that Riajj be assessed in
greater depth.  Sometimes it was easier to go through with something when you
had no choice.

Jaav stopped at the entrance to the detention area.  Strangely the door did not
open automatically as it should have done upon detecting his presence.

'Must be a problem with the sensor,' Jaav thought to himself as he tapped at
the manual door control.  The entrance parted, Jaav stepped in surprised by
what he saw...

Instantly his heartbeat quickened and his mouth became dry.  The computer
monitors were smashed, battered.  A bloodied Master-at-arms lay slumped against
the terminal in a posture which made it clear he couldn't be alive.  He
appeared to have been thrown against the bulkhead with force.  Jaav's horror
quickly turned to panic in the split second he saw Aliyah Lopex-Fitzgerald
convulsing against a desk.  Jaav rushed over to her, quickly removed the
over-tunic of his uniform and rested it underneath her head as he eased Aliyah
down onto the floor.

"Medical Emergency team to the Holding Area NOW!"  Jaav's eyes darted over her
body, she was bruised, badly, her neck was violet sore and swollen.  Jaav's
eyes then shot around the room, realising that in his panic he'd not given a
second thought to the holding cells...alll were vacant.

"E'thexx to the Bridge.  Intruder Alert!"  Jaav sprinted over to a bulkhead and
pulled a medical kit from the wall.  In a second he produced a Tricorder and
passed it over Aliyah, it beeped urgently, emphasising her critical state.  In
moments a security team of three arrived.  Jaav cursed whatever gods he could
think of, wishing the medical team had turned up first.  Whilst two of the
security officers checked and secured the room, the third knelt next to Jaav.

"She's in neural shock, I can't explain it, her physical injuries aren't this
severe!"  Jaav searched through the med kit frantically and grabbed out a
hypospray and on orange vial.  "She needs sedating,"  Jaav jammed the hypospray
against Aliyah's shoulder, within a moment she slumped to the ground.  Her fit
had come to an end, shortly after the medical team arrived.

"Get her to sickbay!" Jaav couldn't help but bark out the order.  He watched as
the medics slid her onto an anti-grav stretcher, stabilised her and began
rushing her her way.  Jaav followed.

"She was in critical neural shock, I gave her a tranquilizer, Metaprobanol.
I'm not a medic, I wasn't sure what else to do."  The Emergency Nurse placed
her hand on Jaav's shoulder.

"It's okay Sir," she comforted, "You did the right thing, we'll take it from
here."  Jaav stopped dead in the corridor watching as Fitzgerald was taken
away.

LATER...

Sickbay, USS Vanguard.

Santos, Soman and E'thexx stood in Droin's office, watching the main surgical
biobed through the glass window.  Droin moved around it gracefully.  Picking up
various instruments from the nearby equipment tray as she examined Aliyah who
was sat upright, stunned.  Droin placed her equipment down back down on the
table.  Smiling at Lopez-Fitzgerald as she did so, Droin touched her delicately
on the shoulder before joining the other officers in her office.  As she
entered Droin exhaled.

"Physiologically she'll make a full recovery," Droin began, "She's suffered
severe bruising, consistent with attempted strangulation.  There is other
bruising and evidence of laceration.  She probably suffered these during impact
as a result of her fit but I've completely treated the injuries.  It's her
emotional wellbeing I'm most concerened about."

Santos raised an eybrow.  "Have you found an explanation for the convulsions?"
he inquired.  Droin perched herself on her desk before she answered.

"The Counselor and I have developed a solid theory to explain what happened.
She's suffered a severe psychological trauma, one that manifested itself
neuroligically.  She hasn't spoken since the event.  We've gathered as much
data as we can but there seems to be only one likely explanation..."  Droin
gestured towards Jaav, Santos turned to him, waiting for him to speak.

"Captain, we believe that Aliyah was subjected to a very powerful and intense,
forced mind meld.  Whatever thoughts and images she has received have exceeded
her mental coping strategies.  She's become withdrawn, she's manifesting
psychosis like symptoms.  She seems barely aware of us, she won't talk or
respond." Jaav stopped, allowing his explanation to sink in and waiting for a
response from his Captain.

"And you believe that Riajj was the attacker?"
"Yes Sir.  All the scans match all the neurological trace markers we have from
his prisoner file."

Soman spoke next,  "But he's not a Vulcan, he's a Romulan.  I didn't think they
were capable of mind melds"
Droin fielded the statement, "He's a genetically modified Romulan, who knows
what abilities they programmed into him, the Romulans have wanted to find a way
to tap into their telepathic heritage for centuries."

"Commander Soman, Have we had any success in tracking Riajj?"

"No Sir, we have full security teams on every deck"

"Understood.  Arrange a security briefing as soon as possible, we *must* locate
him," Santos turned to his Chief Medical Officer.  "Keep me uprised of Ensign
Lopez-Fitzgerald's condition, see what you can do for her.  We will need to
speak with her as soon as appropriate."  Droin nodded, but left quickly to
respond to a minor alert this time at the Andorian's bed.

Jaav looked his Captain in the eye and said nothing.  The pair had managed to
forge a successful Captain-Counselor relationship over the  few years that they
had served with one another, Santos knew that this was E'thexx requesting a
'private audience' in a subtle way.

"Walk with me Jaav..."

Tha Captain and Jaav E'thexx exited Sickbay and began moving stepping slowly
toward the turbolift.

To Be Continued...