[USS Vanguard] Time Between Times

  • From: "Cynan" <kuhnahn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "USS Vanguard" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:40:39 +0100

Lt. Cynan Mandrake.
Location: Earth; San Francisco, 1990.

Subject: Time Between Times.

[Earth; San Francisco, 1990]
  [Snip from "Everything's Cool?" (Andy)]
    The viewscreen shimmered and displayed a hazy image-starlight
    playing across a peaceful body of water. A group of buildings
    that resembled hangars stood over the water.
  [/Snip]

  As soon as Ms. Merchant, McCraw, Soman and The Captain disappeared
  from view, the Time TeamT re-materialised in on the surface. For
  some it had been just as a normal transport, for others it had left
  them feeling like their souls had been torn out and then stuffed
  back down their throats, and then for one, slightly wet...

  E'thexx was the first to notice it, his symbiant making him much
  more subjectable to the after effect of the transport. Khan
  steadied herself on a nearby wall as Des helped E'thexx up.
  Darkwater just stood there wondering what the heck was up with
  everyone - apparently not effected.

  "Wheres Cynan?" he thought, and then they all heard a splash.
  Turning around the there were several ripples spreading out across
  the water as if someone had thrown in a huge stone - but there was
  nothing.

  E'thexx: "What was that?"

  Highwaij: "I don't know but whatever it was, I don't like it."

  Des: "I'd say it could have been a Eldorean sabre tooth, but that's
  just rediculas."

  She'Ra was just blank and looking for Cynan.

  "O'kay spread out and secure the prerimeter. Keep a close eye out
  for Cynan. He's a big lad and I'm sure he can take care of himself,
  but we really can't afford to lose that neutrino communicator!"

  She'Ra looked worried.

  "We'll find him, She'Ra" comforted E'thexx. "As for him being big,
  I have really no idea!", he continued trying to lighten the
  atmosphere. It almost worked, but She'Ra was just too worried.

  Meanwhile, as the group spread out...

  As soon as Ms. Merchant, McCraw, Soman and The Captain disappeared
  from view, the Time TeamT re-materialised in on the surface. For
  some it had been just as a normal transport, for others it had left
  them feeling like their souls had been torn out and then stuffed
  back down their throats, and then for one, slightly wet...

  A few seconds after Mandrake materialised, he realised that
  something had obviously gone wrong with the targeting coordinates.
  For the brief second that he was suspended in mid air, he had just
  enough time to look down and think, "oh boy", before splashing down
  beneath the surface.

  Although the water looked pleasant above, accompanied by a silver
  glint from the moon, it was actually quite fowl. The factories
  around the bay surely used it to pump there waste materials in by
  day.

  Swimming to the nearest side, Mandrake climbed out and scouted for
  the rest of the team - there was no one in sight.

  "*sigh* First time in command and I've already lost them. What more
  could go wrong."

  He flipped open the neutrino communicator, thinking it best to
  check-in before proceeding - all it did was screech, followed by a
  few small sparks. Sighing again, Mandrake closed the lid and walked
  on to scout the area.

  It was an eerie feeling being transported through time, or maybe
  that was just the pollutions from the water that he'd swallowed on
  first impact, or perhaps it was because he was in fact standing in
  the very same spot as Des - just in a slightly different phase
  variance that had rendered him invisible to them, and them to him.

  It was the time between times.

  OoC: Tag! Lets see what you all make of this lil dilemma!

[To Be Continued...]

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org