[USS Vanguard] The Mega Joint Post

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:19:58 -0800 (PST)

Part I by Jonathon (Jaav E?thexx)

Jaav E?thexx and Zena Quetan have a heart-to-heart discussion as
husband and wife, Trill and former/current officers of Starfleet and
the United Federation of Planets, as the future of Trill hangs in the
balance.

Part II by Mark (Cynan Mandrake)

More about the future Mandrake?and the Star Eagle?is revealed as the
space buccaneer unexpectedly finds some old friends in a time and place
he least expected to find them.

Part III by Andy (Dominic Santos)

Admiral Dominic Santos rallies his old friends around him as he and the
new crew of the Vanguard-A attempt to find a solution to the deepening
mystery surrounding the appearance of the first Vanguard. The admiral
also encounters an old foe at the worst possible time for his
reappearance.

Part IV by Chris (Soman Drath)

Engaged in a fight to stay alive, Soman Drath and the crew of the USS
Marathon believe they?ve solved the time-mystery?and it reaches back
farther than anyone could have imagined.

In the original ordeal at Deep Space Ten, the crew of the Astoria
arrived home safely. But what if there had been a miscalculation? And
what if that miscalculation led to the very event that propelled the
current Vanguard 15 years into its future?

Professor Jaav E'thexx
Location: USS Gagarin
Time: 15 Years into the Future

It was a hard thing for any Captain to do, but as both her friend and
husband, Jaav knew how difficult it was for Zena Quetan to admit
defeat.  He
stood across from her desk in her Ready Room.  Zena was seated with her

back
to him, she was gazing out of the window at the stars streaking past as

the
U.S.S. Gagarin traveled at high warp.

"Your Chief Medical Officer tells me Ambassador Neelix is stable for
now, I
thought you'd like to know."  There was no answer to Jaav's statement,
he
knew her difficulty was not with him, and he knew she was no doubt
blaming
herself right now.  "I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of
speaking
with him, I noticed the Gagarin has no Counselor on it's crew roster."
There
came several more moments of silence, before Zena slowly rotated round
in
her chair to face her desk and her spouse.

Zena's eyes were tired, it was to Jaav that she had wept.  She dropped
PADD onto her desk with a complete lack of care before she spoke.
"Thanks."
Her tone was hollow, almost apathetic.

"You did all you could Zena, all anybody could.  By attacking a
Federation
Starship and almost killing Ambassador Neelix the unjoined majority
have
forced the Council's hand.  There is no way Trill can retain it's
Federation
membership." As Jaav spoke he knew his words would do little to help.
In
many ways it was futile, Zena always had been stubborn, and
frustratingly
immune to him when he regressed into his counselor-mode.

Zena said only one more thing before turning her gaze back towards the
windows, back out towards the stars as the Gagarin streaked away from
her
troubled home, and made it's way to rendezvous with Vanguard,
"It doesn't FEEL that way though Jaav..."

Lt. Cynan Mandrake.
Location: The Star Eagle, USS Vanguard; DS10s Sector.
Time: 15 Years into the Future.

Subject: Cosmic Coincidence.

[The Star Eagle]
After rendezvousing with a Ferrengi freighter and exchanging cargo,
the
Star Eagle set course for Bajour. Ehress's birthday was coming up and
Cynan wanted to give her a very overdue birthday wish - to bring her
sister home. The home that she had always talked about back in the
old
days. The days before his life now and before that of the Vanguard.
The
days back on the Akuna.

Cynan: "Aeryn, the cargo transfers complete. As soon as the docking
clamps are free, lay in a course for home."

Aeryn: "We're going to Albion?"

Cynan: "Nooo, not my home, yours!"

Aeryn: "What!? Bajour!? You mean you're actually going to keep your
present to my sister this year? She will be impressed."

Cynan: "As of you I'm sure", he said with a chuckle.

Aeryn: "You got that right. Course laid-in, going to warp."

The engines hummed, started to glove a faint blue, and the Star Eagle
vanished in a blur. An hour later after making the jump to warp, the
sensor grid sounded its proximity alarm.

"Warning, warning, collision imminent in 4 minutes 20 seconds at
present heading."

At the same time, a similar warning was being heard on board the USS
Marathon and the USS Vanguard. The courses intersected.

Cynan quickly looked at the sensor readings and brought the Star
Eagle
to a stop. He winced at readouts. There were two ships heading his
way.
One he recognised, and one he did not. He wondered for a second if
anyone he knew still served aboard the former.

Aeryn: "Shall I hail them?"

Cynan: "Yeah, go for it. Audio-only, as normal."

Aeryn: =^= "USS Marathon, USS Vanguard, this is The Star Eagle. State
your business."

Aeryn was always direct. Never even a hint of compassion would you
hear
In her voice. Just cold, and... direct.

Santos: =^= "This Admiral Dominic Caesar Santos of the USS Vanguard.
Our business is our own. Please leave this sector
Immediately and we can avoid any unnecessary trouble."

Aeryn: "That cheeky little pri.."

Cynan reached out a hand and stopped her right there, "hold it a
minute
will you. This is just starting to get interesting". He switched on
the
viewer and learned forward into the light.

Cynan: =^= "But trouble is our middle names", he said with a smile.
"Hello Nick".

[TAG - Do you guys wanna do your interpretation of the above?]

Aral: =^= "Captain, there are two more ships approaching... the USS
Gagarin and the USS Bragaraia."

Soman: =^= "Nick, that's Quentin and Kahn's ships."

Cynan: =^= "She'Ra.. Er, hey Drath. I was wondering who was aboard
That monstrosity."

Ana: =^= "I beg your pardon!"

Cynan: =^= "Urm."

Soman: =^= "She's a beaut., Cynan", he said meaning more then just
The ship, "I'd give you the tour but its just a bit above
your clearance level."

Santos: =^= "Gentleman please. Re-introductions can wait until later.
Right now there are more pressing matters at hand. Cynan, Drath, if
you'd come aboard and meet me in the conference room we can get this
matter sorted out as quickly as possible."

Soman cut comms. with The Star Eagle.

Soman: =^= "Nick, is this wise? He's not Starfleet anymore and he.."

Santos: =^= "He has a right to be here, this concerns him too after
all."

[USS Vanguard; Conference Lounge]
By this time the USS Gagarin and the USS Bragaraia had arrived and
Their respective Captain's aboard, along with their passengers. The
Gagarin had brought Professor Jaav E'thexx and the Bragaraia,
D'Angelo
and Roch Chase.

OoC: I'm not sure where the others are, if you are aboard either of
these ships or not, so I'm sorry if I've left anyone out :(

For the first time since the end of their seven year mission, the
original crew of the Vanguard, apart from their losses, were in there
entirety, in the same room. There was an eerie silence for a while,
but
it was soon broken.

Alvon: "This is just unbelievable, that the old Vanguard could have
chosen this particular date, where we have all entered the same
system to the exact same spot, at the exact same time. It could mean
that, that this point in time inherently contains some sort of
cosmic significance. Almost as if it were the junction point for the
entire space-time continuum. On the other hand, it could just
be an amazing coincidence."

Cynan: "As if our futures, I mean pasts, had something to do with
it..."

A startled look came across a few of their faces. Just what did Alvon
mean by 'the old Vanguard', and just why were they now all here
seemingly in some grand plan known only to the divine creator. It was
an issue that had to be dealt with quickly, as soon the Vanguard of
the
past would soon be upon their position, one that the Admiral was
about
to unravel. And to complicate matters further, DS10 was about to
materialise off the port-bow.

OoC: I really hope I'm not opening a can of worms. You see this is
what
happens when there isn't a clear heading for the mission and you let
the players come up with their own material!

[To Be Continued...]

Dominic Santos
USS Vanguard
15 Years in the Future

[OoC: On the verge of a Trill civil war between the Joined and the
Unjoined, Dr. Jaav E'thexx reunites with wife Capt. Zena Quetan
aboard
the USS Gagarin, seeking her help to avert a holocaust on their
homeworld.

Meanwhile, Kieran Darkwater's superiors alert him to the arrival of a
most unusual "artifact"-the incarnation of an older USS Vanguard has
appeared in Federation space. Darkwater seeks the assistance of Capt.
Soman Drath, who is about to embark on the maiden voyage of the
newly-commissioned transwarp vessel USS Marathon. Darkwater's motives
are further complicated by the presence of Ana Leonid, whose mind is
tied to the USS Marathon's systems. How will their complicated
relationship affect a mission rife with peril?

Admiral Dominic Santos, who is enjoying a third (and perhaps final)
tour aboard the USS Vanguard, has just had his "sunset" tour
interrupted by the fast-spreading rumors that he's leaving the
Vanguard-and Starfleet-to pursue his dream of administering the
Atlantis Project. Although he think that his crew's (and daughter's)
reactions to the rumors will be his greatest challenge, Kieran
Darkwater relays the news about the Vanguard's appearance. Santos
meets
with Capt. Soman and interrupts his former executive's plans for a
peaceful test flight.

And, now, all find themselves in the Merlin Sector, where past,
present
and future have miraculously converged to a single point in
space-time.]

RPG:

Cynan Mandrake looked around the room as he finished his thought.

"I don't find that so improbable at all, Mr. Mandrake," Admiral
Santos
said.

Cynan smiled to himself as he listened to his old commanding officer.
He was no longer in Starfleet, but it was just like Nick to grant him
the respect he would any fellow officer.

"According to our best science, that which we call 'space' and that
which we call 'time' may be one and the same thing."

"Yes, thanks to Hawking," Stratford said.

Santos nodded.

"But what if everything we know-matter, energy, gravity, time-ARE the
same thing?"

"What do you mean?" Khan asked.

"Take water," Santos said, holding up his glass. "It can exist as
solid, liquid and gas. If you knew nothing about water, and I showed
you steam, would you think that had anything to do with ice?"

"I take your point," Khan said.

"It's an interesting idea, but what does it have to do with our
current
situation?" Soman asked.

"What happened fifteen years ago? In this area?" Santos asked.

[Note: For the sake of moving the mission forward, and toward a
somewhat workable conclusion, let's assume that Deep Space Ten, the
Merlin Sector (our characters' current "present") and the rendezvous
point fifteen years in the future are one and the same. It just makes
things easier! - Andy]

"But that's the point-NOTHING happened with the Vanguard here fifteen
years ago!" Capt. Quetan sat forward.

Soman nodded. "It was the year we spent all that time at Brigadoon,
we encountered the Borg again, and we had a temporal mission to
investigate the causes of World War III-that's it, isn't it!"

An excited murmur went around the room.

"Actually, no," Santos said. "According to my theory, we closed the
loop on that mission. We have no reason to believe that affects us in
any way. What else?"

Silence.

"There WAS nothing else," Mandrake said.

"Fifteen years ago, we were performing a goodwill mission to check on
the status of the long-range transporter project. It was one of the
smoothest assignments we ever had."

Soman chuckled. "Remember when we arrived? Captain?I mean, Admiral
Santos's friends vented plasma and shut down their main warp core,
causing us to think they'd been under attack. The admiral nearly
signaled all of Gamma Fleet for their assistance."

A ripple of laughter.

Santos chuckled, then turned and looked out the viewport,
contemplating.

"If I'm right, our present circumstances are the result of a peaceful
and uneventful mission fifteen years ago. But
something-SOMETHING-happened, perhaps in another reality that has
disrupted the space-time continuum.

"What I'm about to say will never leave this room, but Capt. Jean-Luc
Picard reported something similar happening to his crew aboard the
Enterprise near the end of their first seven-year mission. And in
that
case, three events over the course of three separate points in time
nearly disrupted and destroyed the space-time continuum."

Darkwater spoke for the first time: "Could there be a significance to
this very juncture in space-time? Three separate events, over our
history together-a moment when we were all together at this very
point
in space?"

"The long-range transporter project? That's older than fifteen years,
and we were all together at that point."

Santos shook his head.

"No, cast your memories back longer than that."

"Deep Space Ten," Quetan said.

Unexpectedly, Santos slapped his palm against the table, causing some
of the officers to jump in surprise.

"Of course! Deep Space Ten!"

"But, sir," Soman said, "you weren't even present at Deep Space Ten.
believe at the time, you were still aboard the Gauntlet."

Santos drummed his fingers on the table.

"Was there?anything strange about how the Astoria left Deep Space
Ten?"

"Everything was strange about that mission!" Soman said, causing
everyone to laugh.

"I read all of Capt. Lee's reports on the Astoria," Santos said. "I
remember something about a vessel that suddenly appeared, to make the
Astoria's trip home possible.

[Excerpt from "The Voyage Home?" by Andy Ho (6 Nov 1999)]

=/\= "Astoria, this is Captain Zena Quetan. The wormhole appears
stable, and is operating at the former frequency. All the conditions
present during first testing are again present."

Lee looked toward Lieutenant Quetan, aboard the Astoria. "Confirmed,"
she nodded, turning from the sensor readings.

=/\= "Except one," came a new voice over the intercom.

=/\= "This is Captain Vanier Lee of the Federation starship U.S.S.
Astoria. Identify yourself."

=/\= "Hello, captains!" came the jolly reply. "This is Captain Ted
al-Ibn of the starship Northampton. We've come to light your way
home."

The Northampton's main deflector activated, firing a beam toward the
wormhole.

"There," said al-Ibn. "Now THAT should recreate all the conditions."

"He's right," Soman said. "The Northampton was caught in the previous
wormhole. Their decoy signals ought to 'fool' the wormhole into
thinking that the ship is still present."

"Right. Thank you, Drath." Drath nodded at Lee.

[End excerpt.]

"There was," Soman said, ?another vessel."

Santos smiled and turned in his chair. There, on the wall of the
conference room, was a painting of his first command: NCC-8167 USS
Gauntlet.

All were silent.

".you're welcome for the rescue," Santos said.

Stratford opened his mouth and Santos looked at him, knowing what he
would say before he said it.

?I know, Mr. Stratford. The names of the ships aren?t the same. But
maybe I disguised the name of the ship so that none of you would know
who was giving a helping-hand.?

He paused, then
continued: "It appears that time is like a string, and something has
happened to tie a 'knot' in that string, something that happened
perhaps fifteen years ago in another reality, and we need to keep
that
string from unraveling eighteen years in the past-at Deep Space
Ten-and
to make sure no other disruptions occur in the present."

"?like the arrival of the Vanguard," Darkwater said, eyebrow cocked.

"So...if I understand this correctly: something happened fifteen years
ago that we need to stop, and something happened eighteen years ago
at
Deep Space Ten-the Astoria's mission home--that we need to make sure
proceeds as normal." Mandrake said.

"Correct," Santos replied.

"I have a headache. And I wish I stayed in bed this morning."

Santos stood up and tugged on his uniform. "We need to get moving.
Deep
Space Ten may emerge at any moment. For now, let us remain on the
ships
we arrived in. For those of you who are not in command, I will
coordinate with your captains."

Moments later, Yeoman Waters (with Terry Faucet supervising the
comings
and goings of such VIP's) transported all officers back to their
respective ships.

As Santos arrived on the bridge, he turned to Allende to signal the
Marathon first.

Suddenly, the Vanguard rocked. Hard. Santos lost his footing and fell
over.

As he picked himself up, he yelled, "Shields up! Evasive maneuvers,
Santos sigma-prime! And somebody tell me who the HELL is shooting at
us!"

Allende's fingers flew over her board. She shook her head. "They're
matching us maneuver-for-maneuver. It's as if they were expecting
your
order, sir."

Ti'Ora turned to Santos. "Admiral, we have five bogeys in a standard
aggressive 'Boomerang' posture. The lead ship is identified as...sir,
it's the USS Ark Royal. And they've just hailed us."

Santos whispered hoarsely, "On screen."

"Admiral Santos," spat Capt. Piers St. Cloud. "Under the New Geneva
Conventions under which you operate as the commander of a temporal
vessel, I am placing you under arrest for violating Section 47,
Paragraph 8, subsection B-cavorting with known felons and
jeopardizing
the safety of your crew and the temporal prime directive. Stand down
and prepare to be boarded."

"There is no way in hell you are coming aboard my ship, Piers."

"I was hoping you would say that," Capt. St. Cloud said. "And if
you'll
indulge me, let me just say I've been waiting for
this
moment since Brigadoon."

Santos was next to Allende, ordering her to cut transmission with St.
Cloud.

"Signal the other ships," he told Allende.

"Sir, they're jamming transmission. We have no way of knowing what
the
reactions are aboard Marathon, Bragaina, Gargarin, or Star Eagle."

Santos stood up. "Open channel."

"All right, Piers," Santos said. "Here's my answer."

He made a slashing gesture across his throat, and the viewscreen cut
off St. Cloud mid sentence.

He turned to Faucet.

"Launch our rear torpedoes at the lead ship and turn on the others.
Firing pattern: Niagara. Ready? FIRE."

From Christopher Jackson
Capt. Soman Drath.
U.S.S. Marathon
15 years in the future

Soman had given the orders, instinctively after the first torpedo left
Vanguard. Marathon?s red alert claxon rang throughout the ship and her
crew readied themselves for what would be Marathon?s baptism of fire.
Soman as well steadied himself in his chair, taking in the spectacle
before his eyes.  Vanguards torpedoes flew and struck the two lead
ships,
sending them listing off; out of their formation.  The other ships
following Ark Royal quickly broke formation and accelerated to battle
speed.

Soman: Challis, get me the Vanguard.

Challis: Can?t, sir.  All communication is being jammed.

Echeb: Who?s jamming?

Challis: It?s the Ark Royal and her entourage. ..

Before Challis could continue, two quantum torpedoes slammed into
Marathon?s shields.

[past]

ooc: snip from Nov, 5th 1999 post entitled ?The Voyage Home??

Lee turned toward Ensign Soman Drath. =/\= "Mr. Soman, signal our
thanks
Deep Space Ten."

Soman nodded and turned toward his console. =/\= "Deep Space Ten, this
is
Astoria. It's been a pleasure working with you."

=/\= "Astoria, this is Mendon. Likewise." There was a pause as Mendon
obviously checked something on his end. =/\= "Class-2 probe is online.
We are
monitoring it carefully. Activating wormhole."

"On main viewer," Lee ordered. Highwaij complied with the order
silently.

The bridge crew watched as the wormhole appeared spectacularly in the
distance.

OOC: End of snip.

Stark: Captian, I?m detecting weapons fire, but. . .

Vanier K. Lee?s attention jumped at the notification.  The situation
was just beginning to improve.  Astoria was on her way back to her
space/time continuum.

Lee: Speak up Stark.

Stark: sensors are detecting weapons fire, but, there?s nothing there.

Soman looked at his board to try and corroborate Stark?s readings.

As Soman tapped his board, Astoria began to shake as thought restrained

against some unseen force.

Captain Lee: Mr. Niak?

Niak: We?re encountering resistance at the event horizon to the
wormhole.

Cmdr. Halloran: go to full impulse.

Niak: Shearing forces increasing.  The more we push, the stronger the
resistance seems to get.

Lee: Soman, contact DS10.  Ask Captain Queton if everything is a go on
their end.

[present]
Soman stared up at the ceiling of shuttle bay 1. Unsure if the sway of
the deck was his head or the ship, Soman opted to stand and find out on

his own.  The strong hand of Mr. Stratford held him fast to the deck
while CMO Xristha Droin continued to examine him.

Xirstha: Hold still. You were out for almost a minute.  That was quite
a jolt you received.

Sam McCaw ran past the three, riding the swaying deck as if it came
naturally.  Tapping a few commands into the console, trying to monitor
containment.

Soman: Are we still under attack?

Xristha: What?!  I didn?t think we were under attack.

Alvon shook his head, confirming Dr. Droin?s assessment.  Confusion
washed over Soman as a jumble of memories flooded his mind.  Struggling

against Droin?s preventative hand, Soman tapped his COM badge.

Soman=/\= Soman to bridge.  Captain, how far are we from the Merlin
system?

Santos =/\=: We?re less than a light-year away, commander.   As soon as

we can clear this neutrino storm, we?ll . . . just a moment.

[future]

Challis: Ark Royal is pursuing the Vanguard.  The Hood is going after
the Cynan?s ship and Capt. St Cloud has ordered his remaining ships to
fire on the Gagarin, Bragaraia and us if we move to interfere.

As Soman digested the information, Kieran Darkwater emerged onto
Marathon?s bridge, his eyes darting, noticeably between the battle and
the
holographic Ana Leonov.  Soman was not thrilled to have a noncom on the

bridge at a time like this.

Darkwater: I?ve been monitoring the situation, Captain.  We don?t have
time for this.

Soman: I thought TID?s motto was ?we have all the time in the world.?

Keiran ignored the remark.  His concerns seemed focused on something
else.  Soman followed his gaze.  Off to Marathon?s port side, flares of

light began to coalesce and grow.

Echeb: detecting massive neutrino readings to port.   The phenomenon
seems to be growing at an exponential rate.

Darkwater: Captain, under TID protection protocols, I am now authorized

to provide you with this information.

Soman was caught off guard by the official proclamation.  Keiran
removed from his tunic and handed to Soman, a DAT sheet.  Soman read
over the
sheet

Soman: Is this true?!

Darkwater: We weren?t sure until just now.  The neutrino storm is the
commonality.  If things continue as we predict. . .

Before Darkwater could finish his statement, all attention was taken
back to the neutrino surge as something else occurred.  In the midst of

the maelstrom, a single starship emerged.

[present]

Soman emerged onto Vanguard Bridge, trying with all his might to ignore

the dizziness threatening to overtake him.  From the time he?d left the

shuttle bay, Vanguard had gone to red alert.  Vanguard lurched
suddenly, violently to the side.

Highwaij: Shields down 61%.

Santos:  Mandrake, evasive pattern Santos 2.

Soman: What hit us, Highwaij?!

Highwaij: From what I can tell from these readings, a single Quantum
torpedo. . .

Soman came to Santos? side, his understanding of the current situation
not improving by the second.

Soman: How could a single torpedo take so much out of our shields.  I
thought we were state of the art.

Santos: First, a ship very nearly matching our own signature and
readings appeared and disappeared.   D,Angelo thought it might have
been a
sensor echo.  Then, this ship appeared, moving along the same vector as

the previous one.   It says it?s Starfleet, The U.S.S. Ark Royal to be
specific, but there?s nothing like it in the database, and you know
what
happened next.

Soman: that can?t be the Ark Royal.  I know for a fact that the Ark
Royal is under refit at Brigadoon, right now.

D?Angelo: Whatever it is, it has altered course and is heading towards
us, now.

Highwaij: incoming message, Captain.  They?re demanding our surrender.

Santos: Unknown ship demanding surrender?  Whoever is in command of
that ship has lost his mind.

[Future]

Challis: Detecting a distress call from the ship emerging from the
neutrino surge.  It Identifies itself as the U.S.S. Northhampton.
Their
warp core has become destabilized.

Soman: The Northhampton?   Why is that familiar to me.

Darkwater: It?s a memory echo.  Because you were the nexus of events,
you have two memories of the same event.

Ana: Kieran, what?s going on?

Darkwater: This temporal anomaly and everything that?s happening now. .

.

Soman: Everything that?s happening now is apparently my fault.  It
happened 18 years ago, aboard my old ship, the Astoria.

Darkwater: Stardate 83291.1

Challis looked up, the only other person on the bridge who was there.

Challis: The mission in the alternate timeline.

Darkwater: Captain, how did Astoria get back to her own continuum?

Soman: As I can recall, we were working with Deep Space 10 in that
reality to reopen the wormhole that brought us there in the first
place.
Everything was going smoothly but we miscalculated the resonance
frequency of the aperture.  Fortunately, the Northhampton came along
and
helped us through.

Challis: Captain, excuse me, but that?s not what happened.

[past]

Soman: DS 10 confirms everything is a go on their end.

Astoria continued to shake under the increasing resistance from the
wormhole.

Computer: Warning, sheering forces at dangerous levels.  At current
power, structural failure will occur in 3 minutes.

Lee: Ok Niak, back us off.

Niak: I have been attempting to for the past few seconds sir.  The helm

is no responsive.

Vokar:=/\=Engineering to bridge.  The plasma injectors have locked.
We?re going to continue our push.

Halleron: If we multivector separate, could that displace the stress?
Allow us to get out of this?

Vokar=/\=: That wouldn?t work.  With the sheering forces would rip us
all apart.

Soman: I have an idea, sir.

Lee: Speak up, mr.

Soman: This is a wormhole.  To stimulate the wormhole back home to open

up, we fire a neutrino beam into it.   If we fire an elevated neutrino
pulse from our navigational deflector, we could open it up enough for
us to get through.

Vokar=/\=: I?ll have to run the calculations but I think it could work.

Lee: Alright people, let get ourselves a neutrino pulse going.  Good
work, Soman.

OOC: I hope you can follow my line of thinking here.  To be frank and
earnest, I thought about trying for a mission ender, but I didn't have
much to work with.  Then I got sick, and then Midterms came along.
Sheesh.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Vanguard Archives at Freelists: //www.freelists.org/archives/ncv80221